04 || You Have a Different Father

Are ya'll ready to actually meet Delilah and see what she's like? I'm ready to introduce her!!!

Delilah's P.O.V.

"Steve!" I yell as I walk into the DX, but I immediately hide when I release he's fighting with Evie, I got to hear this! Okay, I might be a little bit of an ease-dropper, but not much.

"Steve please," Evie begs.

"Save it Evie!" He screams.

"No I swear I over-heard some girls talking about her," Evie insists. Who? What girl?

"Delilah..." me? "...is my best friend and I don't care what some catty bitches have to say about her!" Steve fires back. Yeah you go Stevie!

"I swear she's-" Evie starts.

"STOP!" Steve snaps. "Why are you so obsessed with what Del does? Why are you so jealous?"

"Del?" Evie asks. "You gave her a nickname!"

"Yes, I gave her a nickname," I peep my head out to see Steve rolling his eyes. "We've been best friends since we were little!"

"Steve she has a crush on you!" She blurts out.

"No, she doesn't. She likes somebody else," he informs her ."Even if she did like me I wouldn't care, she's my best friend not some chick I just met!"

"She's a bitch!" Evie lashes out.

"And you're not," Steve speaks lowly. Ooooh burn!

"Whatever Steve," Evie storms out of the shop.

Steve walks around the corner looking down at me, "you can come out now Del."

"What?" I chuckle. "How'd you find me?"

He looks at me with that, 'are you really asking' face before he reminds me, "I've only been your best friend since you we were eight."

"What did she tell you?" I ask insecurely.

"She told me that you were a thief," he rolls his eyes as mine go big. How'd they find out? "What's wrong?"

"That's so ridiculous," I sigh.

He hugs me tightly, "it doesn't matter Del, I know it's not true."

"And if it was?" I ask him.

"I'd have to turn you in," he speaks then starts laughing making me nervously chuckle.

"Yea," I continue to laugh nervously.

Two-bit comes running into the store, "Delilah!"

I spin around to look at Two-bit, "what's wrong?"

"It's Dallas," he pants.

"What happened?" I ask growing nervous.

"He got hit by a car," Two informs me.

"Oh my god!" I squeal as I turn to Steve. "Can you drive me to the..."

"Hospital," Two-bit fills in the blank.

"To the hospital?" I ask.

He pokes his head into the room Soda's in, "Soda I gotta take Delilah to the hospital. Two-bit will cover my shift."

"Is she okay?" I hear Soda's voice.

"Yeah, but Dally isn't," Steve sighs.

Soda comes rushing out with Ponyboy and Johnny, "these two can man the counter and we'll fix cars tonight, over-time. Lets go!"