5. Arrival of the Survey Corps

As I was roaming the lands like I do every day, I was alerted by one of my mini-statues sending me a signal telling me it sensed some unusual activities. Stopping in my tracks I linked my consciousness with the fragment I left in that statue, and looked around the area from its eyes.

What came to sight was something I have never seen before. A big group of people wearing green hooded capes ride horses across the fields, their capes flowing behind them like wings, the horses shake the dust on the ground to the air like misty clouds that carries them across the lands. It was such a marvelous sight.

However, I soon snapped out of the trance I was in. Looking closely at their capes, I realize they must be the Survey Corps I heard the villagers talk about, they must be out here for one of those expeditions. I left the statue's mind as I didn't think it would bother me in any way. After all, that's just what they do, they probably just happen to pass by the statue on the way.

I continued to wander across the plain fields, taking in the beauty of the land. After some time, another mini-statue sent me an alert. I possess its vision only to find the same group of riders passing by once again. I look at the riders, riding forward non-stop while looking around as if they have a certain thing they wish to find. Then it hit me, the direction they are headed is one of my villages!

I quickly head towards the village I think they are heading towards. As I hurried back, the fragment I left in the village's statue sensed the Survey Corps approaching. They are already really close, I have to pick up my pace.

From what I understand, the Survey Corps protects people and kill titans. But I can't let my guard down, not only that I don't know what intentions they have to look for one of my villages, not that they would have a reason for hurting the villagers but I don't want to risk it. Also, they just rode from a very populated place, they could have attracted titans to follow them to the village. Of course, there is also the reason of curiosity, I could just fight off the titans using the statue's vision and my long-range controls, but if I want to observe them more closely I have to be there.

Meanwhile, the Survey Corps had arrived at the village, they set up a quick little camp near the village and kept their horses there with a few soldiers on guard. Then a few of them headed inside the village. The villagers seem to have noticed the arrival of strangers, and the busy streets suddenly became quiet, everyone was staring at the stranger who just came into their village.

"It's the Survey Corps!"

With that, the tension was broken, and the villagers returned to their businesses, though they all gave the Corps a few glances now and then. Some children swarmed up to the small group and bombarded them with their excitement.

"You're the Survey Corps!?"

"Wow, so cool!"

"What is it like being a member of the Survey Corps?"

"What do you do?"

"Is it dangerous?"

"Is it fun?"

...

They tried their best to answer some questions and calm the children. Soon, the parents call the children back, which gave the Corps a chance to escape from the never-ending questions. They walked around, talking to the villagers, trying to get some information on the god. But all the villager's responses don't really provide much information, they are all just bout how much they love and praise the god and exaggerated stories on the day they were saved by the god. It wasn't all that different from what they already knew from the rumors; this God protected the village from a titan attack then a statue appeared in the middle of the village.

After some time, the Corps member gathered together again. As they were discussing their discoveries, they feel the ground shaking and heard loud thumps from the distance. They were way too familiar with this rumble, it was the titans.

Meanwhile, the statue sent me a signal, I reached over to the fragment and saw the approaching titans in the distance. Of course, my suspicions were correct, the Survey Corps did bring trouble with them. 

Were they aware that they had a swarm of titans on their tail that could have just wiped out the village? Was it a test to see what I am capable of? Did they bring danger to my disciples on purpose?