Chapter 9 - The Flow Of Time

"Do you think he still remembers me?", you asked the man next to you. He held a box in his hands with great care and wouldn't make eye contact, which was weird, as he wasn't the type to shy away from it.

"Princess, it's only been a few months since we graduated. I doubt he'll forget you that quick. Can you knock for me?", Hitoshi tiredly motioned to his busy hands. The two of you stood in front of Aizawa's home after Hitoshi somehow managed to convince Aizawa to take Smudge for the day.

"But won't it be weird that I'm showing up to his house out of nowhere? Me, a former student?"

"So? I do it all the time."

"Yeah but he was your mentor. Plus, you kind of have no shame", you added. The man stared at you with a deadpan expression and you laughed before knocking. The door opened and you could barely hold in your excitement at seeing the morbidly tired teacher in front of you. 

"Aizawa-sensei!!It's been so long!!", you greeted with energy. The man frowned at your sudden loudness but looked at you with kindness nonetheless. You'd probably just woken up the poor guy.

"(Name). You're not who I was expecting to see here. Can I help you with something?", he offered lazily. His mannerisms and way of talking were reminding you so much of Hitoshi's that you couldn't help but grin at their similarities.

"Not me,him", you pointed behind you. Hitoshi stepped a little more into view of the teacher from behind you and your visit finally clicked into his mind. Though, he still had some questions.

"Yes, I agreed to take the cat in for today. I still don't understand. Why are you accompanying Shinso to his mee-?", Hitoshi suddenly cut in between of you and lightly shoved the cat's box into Aizawa's arms. He hoped neither of you sensed the small urgency in his movements.

"We have to get going. We'll be back by 6", you heard him say quickly. You raised an eyebrow at his sudden quickness and unfortunately you were too kind because to Hitoshi's dismay, you added,

"Yup! We'll bring you something from the diner as a thanks, Aizawa-sensei. We wouldn't be able to hang out with our friends if you hadn't pulled through!"

Hitoshi flinched as Aizawa slowly turned his head with a glare. Luckily for him, the older man(keeping his glare on him the entire time) didn't say anything that opposed what you believed.

"Of course. I'm glad to miss the sleep I need so that you two can have a date", he replied to you, yet his snarky words were directed to someone else. You still blushed at the man's misunderstanding.

"Ah, i-it's not like that!!It's with friends!!", you corrected him hastily,"We're just friends, Aizawa-sensei", you smiled nervously. Hitoshi turned his eyes at you for maybe the first time since he'd first seen you today.

He'd been avoiding looking at you since he came out of his apartment and saw you dressed up more nicely than usual. You wore a pink loose blouse tucked into a frilled skirt--kind of like the uniform skirts at UA, but yours was white and fitted really nicely. To top it off, you had a small handheld purse that you gently played with while you talked. He stayed quiet and let himself take your outfit in instead of adding anything. Aizawa observed Hitoshi's behavior and said nothing.

"We shouldn't make them keep waiting on us, Toshi. Let's go, and we'll see you in a bit Sensei!", you grabbed Hitoshi's wrist and stepped back. Aizawa didn't respond; he only noted your use of a nickname for the purple haired man that let you drag him without a single complaint. The nickname was clearly a shortened version of his first name and judging by his lack of reaction when you said it, he was used to being called that. He grumbled.

"Kids these days..."

∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴

Hitoshi opened the door for you as you got to the diner and you hadn't even tried opening it this time. You thought maybe the only reason he didn't open the door for you whenever you went into your own house was because he couldn't unlock it. The man was too much of a gentleman for his own good.