Chapter 16 - A Man Who Had It All

"I should beat you for what you pulled the other day, kid."

"I already apologized."

"You can keep your apologies."

Hitoshi sighed in annoyance. Ever since he showed up to his old mentor's house unnanounced, it'd been nothing but complaints from the older man. Aizawa kept grumbling on and the younger man let him unwind before he got to why he was even there to begin with. He figured it was only going to make the grump go into a rant all over again.

The former student leaned back comfortably into the sofa he was sitting on. It was a few days since he last got to talk to you other than picking and dropping off Smudge and he wasn't a fan of the lack of time between the two of you but he wouldn't speak up about it. The reason you were too busy to hang out as of late was very valid--after your successfully completed commision from Endeavor, the number one hero, you'd been tasked with a list of requested support items coming from multiples agencies in total, and you weren't denying a single one. Your work ethic was one of the many reasons he liked you.

Oh, yeah, there was also that. The night you treated his injuries was the night he finally came to terms with his feelings for you. He was glad to no longer have to deal with the constant confusion he felt when you came up in any way but now he had no clue what to do about it. He had only one relationship in his entire life and it was one he held out of pity so it was safe to say he had no experience in romantic feelings at all.

"So you break into my house and then ignore me when I'm talking to you?I need to teach you some manners", Aizawa glared at the comfortable younger man. Hitoshi turned to him in offended confusion.

"I didn't break into your house, you let me in, and you should've taken the time as my teacher to teach me those. It's too late now."

"Watch it", Aizawa muttered. The older man had eventually finished complaining and took a seat in another sofa. He supported his head with his arm as his tired eyes looked into ones that mirrored his,"Why are you here?Am I about to be asked to babysit again so you can goof off?"

Scratch that. He wasn't done complaining. Hitoshi rolled his eyes at the man's pettiness and shook his head.

"Get over it."

"Answer my question."

"And if I don't want to?"

"Why are you stalling?", Aizawa pinpointed immediately. He watched as Hitoshi flinched and his suspicions were confirmed by his subtle body language alone. The younger man looked away uncomfortably and Aizawa began to grow curious at his student's sudden silence. Hitoshi was not a shy man, the teacher knew that for sure.

"Because I'm not sure how to ask for advice with what I'm struggling with."

"You do, just say it", Aizawa was starting to get impatient with Hitoshi's vagueness. He did him a favor by simply letting him in the house, he might as well know what it was for. Hitoshi rolled his eyes despite the truth behind the older man's words but decided to not waste either of their time any longer.

"I realized my feelings for someone and I don't know where to go from there."

"Romantically?"

"Yeah."

Leave it to Aizawa to want to get straight to the point. Hitoshi watched as he went into thought for a few seconds before speaking again.

"(Last Name)?"

"How did you know?", Hitoshi asked with a bit of hesitancy. Then again, the old man was incredibly smart, so he probably picked up on some clues along the way that pointed to his conclusion. Aizawa shrugged.