Chapter 26 - The Storm

Warning: Lots of cursing

-------

Hitoshi adjusted the communication bud in his ear. He could hear Aizawa speaking through it, reciting the usual precautions that he did before every mission, but he paid it no mind. He'd heard that speech almost every time he was asked to enter the field and could probably quote it word by word at this point. He waited for the green light.

"We'll start with the outside. Remember, kid, you're only going around the building. Take note of every door and window. A big enough crevice for a small child is enough too. We don't know what kinds of quirks they have, any kind of entrance should be considered. If you see anyone, give a detailed description of numbers and appearances. Don't get close enough to eavesdrop. Do not engage. Check for possible escape routes. Again, do NOT engage, and do NOT get spotted. Understood?"

"Understood."

The abandoned factory suspected of housing a troublesome villain group was about seventy feet away; it stood slightly lower than the ground surrounding it so Hitoshi used the height to his advantage as he crouched while walking forward. Mentally, he drew an outline of all the visible points of entrances. There were only a couple of stand bys talking to each other, clearly not interested in keeping watch, and Hitoshi spoke lowly into his mic.

"Two likely villains. One has black hair, a scar on the eyebrow, goatee, mid-20s. The other has orange hair in a mohawk, looks like a teenager."

"Keep looking."

The objection of the mission was simple enough: gather whatever little information could help out for the moment the agency decided they could infiltrate the base. The situation was too unknown to head into headfirst which granted him an almost sure safety as long as he held back. He thought back to what you asked of him in the morning and had to hold back his smile. He asked himself what you could be doing in that moment. Maybe working. Probably giving Smudge the affection he fought for earlier. He chuckled.

"Something funny?"

"No,sir."

Hitoshi forced you out of your mind. He couldn't afford to be distracted in a mission that required stealth from him. He circled to the other side of the building and again commited the outside's layout to memory. There were almost no windows on this side compared to the others and it was far more simplistic; he wasted no time in circling to the next side. It was the same as the very first wall in terms of the building's layout but there was no one guarding the doors. He almost turned with intentions of checking the last side out but movement from the other side of one of the windows caught his attention. His blood ran cold when he recognized the person.

"Sensei, there's a civilian in there. I think she may be kidnapped", he tried his best to keep his voice level. There was no other possible reason why she would be there. She wouldn't be the kind of person he'd ever expect to see when expecting villains. She didn't even have a quirk. Most of all, she was best friends with someone who swore she had a good heart.

"Status?"

"She's...alone, but it looks like she's been crying. Unsure whether she's injured."

The comms went silent for a minute and Hitoshi guessed Aizawa was discussing the situation with the rest of the team. They were probably debating whether they should try to gather more information and risk the possibility of losing their chance to rescue the civilian or to have Hitoshi try to sneak her out. Hitoshi couldn't care less about what they were discussing, all he could care about was that something felt off. As much as he judged himself for thinking it, he couldn't help but feel as though trying to save her wouldn't be a good idea.