Chapter 22 - Partners In Crime

"So let me get this straight", you spoke seriously but your tone dripped with sarcasm,"you want me to help you break into a pro hero's house who's on vacation and steal valuable jewerly from him?"

"No, I want you to accompany me while I do that."

You sighed in exasperation. There was no way Hitoshi wasn't missing your point on purpose. The two of you sat on his bed and you were sitting as straight far up as possible to intimidate him into taking you more seriously but ever since he came back from talking alone with Aizawa's soulmate, who you learned was named Sara, he'd been facing your 'intimidation tactics' far easier. It was like he knew something far more frightening now.

You slumped into the bed so you were laying on your back. The two of you were past being shy at the notion of getting comfortable on each other's bed; you had shared a bed already, how could you get shy about something smaller after that? You might not be shy about making yourself comfortable in his bed, but that didn't mean the act of sharing one throughout the night didn't make you bashful. Curse morning amnesia. You only hoped you didn't cling onto him throughout the night like you did your pillows, otherwise he might've seen you in a bad way.

Hitoshi stared down at you from the other side of the bed as you got lost in thoughts while staring up at the ceiling. This was an atmosphere he loved that was turning into common occurrence--one of the two of you cozy on the other's bed. He wasn't sure whether to bring up your endearing actions from the other night. You didn't look like you remembered it and he couldn't tell whether it was a good or bad thing.

"What do you say, princess?Will you be my partner in crime?", you snorted at his question.

"We're so getting sued if we go through with this", you contemplated. It shocked you that you were genuinely considering this but Hitoshi could probably convince you to do anything. The man didn't look the tiniest bit worried.

"Only Aizawa-sensei could sue us and he wouldn't. I can't say anything about being banned from his house, though."

"I've never even been inside his house."

"You could be if you came with me", he turned the situation around. You couldn't help but laugh, he was being so ridiculous yet completely serious. It warmed your heart that he was always so willing to include you in anything even if it had no reason to involve you. You looked over to his violet eyes and smiled; it was getting easier and easier to get lost in the color everyday.

"Toshi, you have lovely eyes", you complemented. It wasn't like you to be impulsive with praises but you were well aware of the feelings you were growing towards him. You were also accepting them more and more everyday, which somehow made you even happier to be in his presence. Hitoshi's face only slightly broke out of its lack of expression before it turned to normal as he looked down at your laying form.

"Princess, I'll seriously get the wrong idea if you compliment me like that. I might even think you're flirting with me", he said in a controlled tone. Far more controlled than the hope that was trying to not to show. You blushed but didn't deny it.

"Take it however you want it...", you mumbled shyly and turned your back on him, laying on your side instead. The man's eyebrows shot up and luckily for him, you couldn't see the way his face was lit with the unrestrained hope. He chuckled.

"You're so goddamn cute all the time."

Your face flushed and you shoved your face into the covers at his blatant opinion of you, trying desperately to ignore the familiar smell of Hitoshi invading your noise and working its way to your brain. Your voice came out muffled from between your face and the bed but he heard you clearly.