💌 | Creator!Dottore x Creation!GN!Reader

❛❛ If Loving You Means Hurting Me, I'd Gladly Suffer More ❜❜

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

✎ ❛❛ It hurts to see you die over and over again. But no matter, I'll still love you the same, even when you forget about me each time ❜❜

Pairing(s): Creator!Dottore x Creation!reader

Genre/Format: Angst + fluff (One shot)

Warning(s): reader dying, reader's gender is not specified, probably some grammar mistakes, blood, maybe an OOC Dottore? (Then again, I tried to make him soft here, so...)

wc: ~1.1k

Note: Was scrolling through some tags and I saw someone posted a concept/idea of creator Dottore and creation reader. And that got me thinking...

I usually don't write angst because they hurt me 💀 BUT, I'll make this one an exception. I love this idea a little too much. I hope you guys will like this one :)

I'm knees weak for this man, fr

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

"Open your eyes, Dove,"

You felt a hand caressing your cheek as you stirred awake. Beside the bed, there stood the man who had taken the lives of many.

"There you are, sleepy head," spoken in a gentle voice, Dottore pressed a quick kiss on your forehead. You slowly sat up with the help of Dottore and you lifted your head up to look at him. His usually hardened gaze soften upon meeting yours. Ah, how familiar, just like the other times, here he was again...

It was funny, the time when you were created, he intended to make more of his clones. After days, or even weeks of making sure that he had the correct formula. He was expecting to see a clone of himself step out of the machine, but instead of his clone, it was you that appeared.

He stared at you in bewilderment, muttering a curse under his breath.

"Darn it, were my calculations of the formula wrong?"

At first, he wanted nothing to do with you, but just like a duckling to its mother, you followed him everywhere. The other harbingers would often tease him about it, saying things such as:

"Hah! look at mama duck go!"

"Hatched an egg, Doctor?"

He was not amused, however, constantly calling you "an annoying pest" with a scowl on his face. Later on, he had to accept his defeat because no matter what he said, he could still find you behind him. Observing him with a glint of curiosity. He gave up on trying to shoo you away, and just let you stick around.

"Let's head out now, there's something that caught my interest," Dottore said as he opened the door for you.

Like usual, you tagged along with him to go to a spot where he found interesting things to tinker with. Dottore stopped on his track as he couldn't hear your footsteps anymore, he turned around only to find you being distracted by a bed of flowers on the side of the road.

"What now?" He sighed and walked over to see what caught your attention. As he got closer, he noticed a look of adoration on you. Following your line of sight, a crystalfly was situated on one of the flowers. Feeling his presence, you turned to him and tilted your head, as if you were asking what this magnificent creature was.

"That's a crystalfly, a being filled with elemental energy," he explained.

Upon hearing his explanation, a smile graced your face.

"Crystalfly..." you repeated after him.

He was taken back, that was the first time he has ever heard you talk. He was so used to his test subjects screaming in fear and colleagues yelling at each other. Hearing such a tender tone for once was oddly a nice change...

Shaking his thoughts away, he pulled your arm and got you back on your feet.

"You've stalled long enough. Come on now, I got work to do."

Finally arriving at the research site, mechanical parts were scattered around the place. Striding over to one of them, he started to examine it. Out of nowhere, he heard a yelp which brought him out of his trance. Turning to the source of the noise, he found you laying on the ground and an activated ruin guard hidden underneath a shade of trees not far from here. The ruin guard launched its missiles again, aiming straight at Dottore. He dodged left and right, charging at the machine before blowing an attack toward its core.

After making sure it was deactivated, he rushed over to you.

The sight before him was making his stomach twitch and turn, an alarmingly large pool of blood was surrounding you. He placed his fingers to where your neck was and checked for your pulse.

But he felt nothing.

'Why the hell am I shaking,' he asked himself.

You were just an annoying pest. He could've just left you there so he wouldn't have to deal with you anymore. You mean nothing to him and he did not care about you. So why? If he didn't care, then how come every time you showed that toothy grin of yours, he suddenly felt all fuzzy and warm inside? If he didn't care, then how come every time his fingers slightly touched yours, he could feel the heat slowly creeping up his face? If he didn't care, then why was he carrying your body back to his lab in a hurry, trying to bring you back?

He stood there and watched as you lay on the bed, waiting for you to wake up. He could see a little bit of movement before you opened your eyes.

"Finally awake, I see?"

And that was the first time, the first time where he witnessed your death. It did hurt him a little, but he didn't think much about it as he was able to bring you back to life.

The second time was when you drowned in a lake. His heart ached a bit more this time, but he was successful in bringing you back to life, again. And that's all that matters.

The third time was when a new Fatui recruit who has never seen you before mistook you for an intruder and killed you. The wound of his heart reopened itself once more. But nonetheless, bringing you back was still manageable.

And there's a fourth.

A fifth.

A sixth...

Just how long did he have to endure this constant torment? It hurts having to watch you die over and over, not even knowing if he was able to bring you back. And even if it was a success, every time when you were greeted by the world once more, you'd forget about him. Dottore never thought he would get attached to someone. Let alone you, an accidental creation. He was someone that has witnessed countless deaths, and none of those affect him at all. Ironically, he was also someone who has killed a lot without an ounce of regret.

What was so special about you?

What made him so drawn to you?

Dottore sat there on the edge of your bed, berating himself for not doing a good job at protecting you. You may not remember who he was, but your body definitely did. It somehow always acts on its own whenever you saw a frown on him. Somewhere at the back of your mind, you remembered seeing a crystalfly before, and watching it flutter made you happy. You tugged at Dottore's sleeve and pointed at the jar filled with crystalflies that he got for you on the bedside desk. "Crystalflies!" You beamed with a grin, hoping their hypnotic movements could make feel better, just like how they made you happy.

Ah... there it was, that cute little grin of yours. The way your eyes would always light up whenever you saw him. The way that you would always care for him even when your memories of him were long gone...

If loving you means hurting him, then he would gladly accept all the pain the world would throw at him. All he had to do was simply bring you back to him, a small price to pay just to see you smile.

═════════════════

I'm actually pretty proud of this one :D What do you guys think?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! ♡