💌 | Dottore x GN!Reader

❛❛ A Step Into Fatherhood ❜❜

•──────────✧──────────•

❛❛ What do you mean I'm getting soft? ❜❜

Pairing(s): Dottore x GN!Reader

Genre/Format: Fluff (oneshot)

Warning(s): Use of Dottore's (speculated) real name 

wc: ~3k

Notes: Oh god I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while 😭 I was on writer's block and still kinda am. But at last, here's finally a fic!! Haven't written in a while and got rusty, so this might not be good :') Anyways, I LOVE THIS REQUEST AHHH 💕💕💕 Dadttore is so UGH 😫👌This request got me all giddy. I hope you'll like it :D

•──────────✧──────────•

Gentle flakes fell to the ground as you went from store to store. Your husband was in need of some materials to carry out his experiments. He asked a segment to gather them but you offered to help instead. You wanted to go out for a stroll anyways, so why not?

You were about to go back to the palace when you heard a noise coming from a nearby alleyway. It sounded like someone was rummaging through something.

You knew it was dangerous to investigate on your own without any weapons on you. But you couldn't help it, curiosity got the best of you and your legs subconsciously brought you closer towards the sounds of clanking.

Following the noise, it led you to a dumpster. The lid was closed so you weren't able to tell what was inside. Judging by the size of it though, you assumed it would be some sort of animal. You were expecting to see a raccoon when you opened the lid but what you saw made you scream and stepped back instead.

What the...

You slowly opened the lid again and an equally shocked but frightened face stared back at you.

What is a child doing here? You thought.

It was a little girl who looked no older than ten. She was wearing a thin layer of clothing and her hair was stained. In her hands she was holding a paper plate of thrown out food from a restaurant.

When you got closer again, her hands that were holding the plate recoiled to her torso and turned into fists. Tears were forming at the corner of her eyes and her form shook.

"Hey... it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you," you said in a hushed voice.

Once the little girl seemed calmed down enough, you spoke again, "What are you doing here? Where are you from?"

"I'm from over there..." She pointed. You followed where her finger was pointing at and your heart dropped.

House of the Hearth.

The orphanage where Arlecchino trained the kids to become soldiers? What was this kid doing here?

"I see... I don't know how you got here but why don't I take you back—"

"No!" She yelled, taking you off guard.

"Please... I don't want to go back there... The others are mean to me..."

She was now sobbing and you were trying to think of what to do.

She looked like she really didn't want to go back there... You would feel bad for forcing her to go back. But it couldn't be good to just leave a kid all by herself here as well.

From the looks of her fragile frame, she definitely hasn't eaten a sustainable meal in a long time. Poor kid, it was cold out and that bread didn't look edible.