💌 | Dottore x GN!Reader

❛❛A Star That No Longer Shines❜❜

•──────────✧──────────•

❛❛ Among the stars is where I'll be waiting... ❜❜

Pairing(s): Dottore x GN!Reader

Genre/Format: Angst w/ no happy ending (Oneshot)

Warning(s): Death, use of Dottore's (speculated) real name

wc: ~3k

Notes: Got this idea from an Anon on Tumblr! Been writing a lot of fluff lately. It's time for some sad >:) Not me hurting myself by writing this </3 This is probably the longest oneshot I've ever written lol

•──────────✧──────────•

The stars used to hold a never-ending shimmer to them. Was it just him or were they getting dimmer everyday?

You've always loved the night sky, a barren canvas painted with a cluster of flickering lights, such a magnificent view must've been crafted by the delicate hands of a god. Caged by this Eleazar of yours, what's better than to go stargazing with your lover?

For him, however, it was quite the contrary. He loathed them, it was as if their blazing gaze were mocking him. The disdain he held for dainties stopped him from appreciating the view.

With every chance that you had, you'd drag him onto the balcony installed in his resting quarters, bringing a fluffy blanket and two hot drinks with you. Sitting on the cold stone floor with crossed legs as you draped a blanket over your forms, sipping your favorite drinks away while your eyes were fixated at the sky.

He was not fond of it at first, he knew the sky was a hoax, after all. It was all just a fabrication to deceive the human kind, he didn't see the appeal to them.

Whenever you look at them with a glint of fascination in your eyes, he couldn't help but wonder:

Why were you so drawn to them?

When you fell asleep, he'd go back to the balcony and observe them, trying to discern the secrets they hid from him.

Was it the layout of their unique patterns? Or perhaps they held some sort of significance to you?

Either way, they were just some glowing dots, nothing more, nothing less.

He has been doing that for a long time now, years, maybe even. Yet, his mind was only filled with only hypotheses.

And hypothetical assumptions, were not the answers he was seeking for.

He would ask you, but his pride held him back from doing so. That's how he was, the answers would be more satisfying if he was the one to discover them.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard you coughing uncontrollably. Immediately, he rushed toward you to help you sit up and gently patted your back.

"Easy there, dear, easy there."

The worried frown on his face would only soften when your coughs died down a little, his tender pats turned into soft strokes.

"Are you alright?"

You coughed a little more before answering him, "Y-yea, I'm okay."

This was not looking too good. It seemed like the medicine he gave you wasn't so effective anymore. He was worried, more than worried, in fact. Fearing that one day you would...

No. He mustn't think like that. Despite your illness, he knew you were a strong person. His darling wouldn't let some irritating pest of an illness to take over you just like that.