💌 | Dottore x GN!Reader

❛❛ You Did Well❜❜

•──────────✧──────────•

Pairing(s): Dottore x GN!Reader

Type: Comfort fluff

Warning(s): human experimentation, not proofread

wc: ~1.4k

A request by marabelle_skywalker! It's been so long I don't know what I'm doing. I'm not sure if this is what you meant by Dottore comforting the reader... but I hope you'll like this anyways! The first fic I've written in months. Enjoy! :)

•──────────✧──────────•

After years of working like a maniac. Earning achievements after achievements. Rivaling all the other people that could only hope to get to where you were today. You finally landed yourself a job at the organization created by none other than the beloved Cryo archon herself—the Fatui. And it was not just any job positions. You got to become the assistant of one of the eleven harbingers—The Doctor, second of the Fatui Harbingers. A very impressive title indeed.

You've heard people there were ruthless. It didn't help that being in such a high ranking yourself, newbie or not, there were high expectations that needed to be met. And whatever it was, you hoped you were ready.

Oh god, oh no. You panicked. It was the first day of work and you were almost late. You arrived in front of the office just in time as you panted. You tried to fix your disheveled hair to make you look like you did not just run all the way over here. To your dismay, someone opened the door before you could make yourself look presentable.

You gulped and looked up.

"Hello, sir," you greeted, praying he didn't hear the slight shakiness in your voice.

He was wearing a mask, but you could feel his gaze scanning you up and down.

"Hmph," he then walked out before continuing, "You are the new assistant, aren't you? Wait for me inside."

He was already halfway down the hall when you scurried inside. You could feel your face burning in embarrassment.

Great. You thought. First day and I'm already making a fool of myself.

A few minutes later, he came back in, holding a stack of papers in his hand. He placed them down onto a tidied desk with a sign saying "(Y/n)" on it.

"Usually, I'd go straight into lab work with the assistants on their first day." He spoke, leaning onto the desk. "But, I decided to try something new today. All of my previous assistants quitted in less than a week, due to them not being able to handle the pressure."

He continued, "I'm feeling generous, so I'll let you start off with something easy by doing paperwork. If you did well, good for you. If not, I'll fire you on the spot so you wouldn't waste my time."

As expected, The Doctor certainly has high demands. You glanced at the amount of paperwork that needed to be done on your desk. You've stayed up countless times to complete your thesis before, this was nothing you couldn't handle. With this newfound confidence, you firmly nodded your head.

"Understood. I'll get to them right away."

From his stance, he seemed to be satisfied with your answer.

"When you're done with them, just leave them on my desk. If you have any questions, don't bother asking me. Just solve them yourself," he said, before entering the other section of the office that leads to the lab.