💌 | Dottore x GN!Reader

❛❛ Safe and Sound ❜❜

•──────────✧──────────•

❛❛ Everything is okay now, my dear. ❜❜

Pairing(s): Dottore x GN!Reader

Genre/Format: Fluff (oneshot)

Warning(s): Use of Dottore's (speculated) real name

wc: ~1.7k

Notes: Requested by anons on Tumblr! I hope softie Dottore is right up your alley for comfort <33

•──────────✧──────────•

"No..." You muttered to yourself as you stepped out of the place you worked at.

The snow on the ground was thicker than it was this morning, which meant it would be a bit more time consuming to navigate through. You usually wouldn't mind it any other day, but during a snowstorm? Without bringing an extra coat? Might as well stay at an inn nearby...

Actually, scratch that idea. You couldn't.

You wouldn't.

After what the gods decided to put you through today, all you wanted was to go back to the comfort of your cozy home. To go back to the loving arms of your husband. It would be a tiring walk but the thought of seeing him invigorated you.

As you braced yourself and began the long walk through the unforgiving snow, you told yourself this would be the last unfortunate event the world would throw at you. Surely, whoever was pulling these cruel jokes on you would spare you since you've been through a lot already today, right?

After what felt like hours of your legs begging you to stop moving, you finally made it to the palace and the quarters your husband resided in. Judging by this hour of time, he was probably in his lab.

But when you got there, the red light above the doors was on and you could hear something clashing in there.

Hm, it seems like he is busy right now... You thought.

He did say that you were an exception if you needed him. Though, you would feel bad for interrupting his work so you went to your shared bedroom instead. You went in and nudged the door to close. it didn't fully shut, however. Leaving a tiny gap.

Everything felt so heavy on your shoulders today...

The moment your body met the bed, all the feelings that were bottled up before now bursted. You laid your face against the pillow, trying to drown out your muffled cries.

This day just couldn't get any worse, could it?

One of the segments—Beta, was just going to carry out his task when he saw you through the gap, he was about to go in and greet you but he could hear the choked sobs. He began to panic and told Delta who was with him to go get Prime. Knocking on the door softly, he alerted you of his presence.

You shot up from the bed, still clinging onto the pillow as he went over to you. He didn't know what to do or say when you were sad, but he didn't want to just leave you alone. So he just went with standing there awkwardly while patting you on the back instead.

A few minutes later, Delta came back with the person you wanted to see the most.

Zandik, your dear husband.

When he arrived, both of his segments left, not before giving you one last pat on the back.

As the door closed, Zandik walked over to where you were, taking his mask off and setting a glass of water down onto the nightstand before taking a seat next to you. While you were trying to quiet down your sniffles with your face still in the pillow, his first thoughts were "did someone dare to hurt you?"