47. he has us

*Three days later Louis is finally better. His throat doesn't hurt anymore, he is almost fully recovered. He just got out the house when Clifford runs to him crying and pulling his shoe*

Louis: what happened? 

*Clifford runs and Louis goes after him. He sees his mum laying down without moving. Louis' heart stopped, he shakes his head*

Louis: HARRY

*He shouts and one second later Harry runs to him concerned*

Harry: what happened? Babe?

Louis: H-his mum… his mum… 

*Harry looks at the dog and runs to her. Her body is cold. Louis started crying in the back. Harry picks her up and runs to the farm with her. Louis picked up Clifford because he was crying after his mum and hugged him to his chest*

Louis: it's okay. It's okay.

*Louis goes to the farm and Harry comes to them with teary eyes*

Harry: she was old… her life ended today…

*Louis cries and Harry looks at him with his lip shaking.*

Harry: umm… I'm just gonna change… come babe.

Louis: Clifford? H-he's so little. 

Harry: he has us now. He is with us now.

*Louis and Harry go home. Louis is still holding the dog in his arms crying.*

Louis: look baby dog… we are here. And we love you. We will take care of you. Every night and day. I promise you, you will never be on your own.

*Clifford snuggles his nose in Louis' shirt and Louis wipes off his tears*

Louis: it's gonna be alright. 

*Harry comes to them and sits next to Louis. Louis immediately snuggles closer to him and Harry wraps his arms around his body. He kisses his head*

Harry: It's gonna be alright. You forced your throat there, is it okay?

*Louis nods*

Louis: yeah… 

*Harry kisses his cheek*

*Louis smiles softly*

Louis: You're my home.

Harry: You're my home.

Louis: and now we'll be his home.

Harry: always. Right Cliff baby?

*Clifford barks*

Harry: yes. But you'll have to cover your big eyes sometimes. 

*Louis laughs*

Louis: yes doggy take some notes. Your dad is a beast. And I'm referring to myself right now

Harry: yeah. Definitely. I'm the soft one

Louis: Shut up you second beast

*Harry laughs and kisses Louis*

*Later that night Louis is laying on the couch and Harry is singing at the piano. Clifford is sleeping in his bed in the hallway. After Harry finished singing and clapped his hands smiling widely*

Louis: you are amazing 

*Harry blushes and jumps on the bed laying on his stomach. Louis puts his arm on his naked back and rubs his thumb gently. Harry rests his head on his arms and looks at Louis*

Louis: you should've seen him… he was gripping my shoe crying. 

Harry: he was?

Louis nods starting to cry: it… it reminded me of… of that accident… I'm trying so hard to leave it behind baby but it keeps coming back.