57. i want you to feel good

That night Louis and Harry were in the kitchen cooking, Zayn and Liam were helping when there were knocks on the door*

Harry: I'll open

Louis: alright. Be careful. 

Harry: I promise I won't hit myself with the door in my face.

*Louis giggles and Harry leaves*

Liam: You're overprotective. 

Louis: sorry…

Zayn: and that is not a bad thing as long it doesn't become toxic. 

Louis: I'm sorry…

Zayn: no, Lou. Don't be. You're just being careful 

Liam: yeah sorry if that came out wrong 

Harry: BABE COME

*Louis goes in the hallway and sees his parents*

Louis: mom? Dad?

*He hugs them*

Louis: hi how are you?

Jay: we are amazing. Omg you've changed. 

Louis: everyone tells me that. Have I changed that much?

Jay: yeah you're glowing. 

Louis: oi I must be pregnant 

*Harry giggles and Louis looks at him sweetly*

Harry: come in.

Jay: thank you. How are you babies?

Louis: We're good. 

Harry: yeah.

Jay: amazing. So are we having a wedding in one day?

Harry: we are.

Jay: not a funeral this time?

Louis giggles: nono. I don't have a black suit now.

*Harry giggles*

Harry: and we are saying vows. 

Louis: yeah.

Jay: good. No killing looks across the room?

Louis: nope. We're good now.

Jay giggles: amazing. So it'll be a small thing? 

Louis: yeah it's more important to us… it will be special to us. It doesn't have to be a big thing for us to get what we wanted and that is the actual feeling of being married. And the vows and everything 

Jay: beautiful… Harry have you invited Gemma? 

Harry: no. I don't want her to.

Jay: oh… And Emma?

Louis: To what? Try to ruin it? No, thank you, mum. I am good like this. It would've been good even if it was just me with Harry… 

*Harry smiles and kisses his cheek. Louis blushes and leaves to get some drinks. All night, Louis was noticeably distant from Harry, not that he didn't want to, because he kind of forgot sometimes and cuddled with Harry but most of the time he looked thoughtful and distant and Harry noticed. After Louis' parents left Louis kissed Harry's cheek and went to sleep. Harry frowned at his action and looked at the boys.*

Harry: what have you done?

Zayn: what do you mean?

Harry: this is not Louis. And he is forcing himself not to be himself. What have you done?

Liam: shit… 

Harry: you did something, didn't you? I'm not crazy. He wasn't feeling himself tonight. 

Liam: when you went to open the door I said he was overprotective… and he possibly saw it as a bad thing and he is trying to stop himself… 

Harry: Li…

Liam: I'm sorry… it was just something I saw. It wasn't a bad thing. 

Harry: yeah lad but now he thinks I feel controlled. 

Liam: I'm sure he doesn't…

Harry: Wanna compete with what I know about my man? I know him, Liam, he feels guilty. He feels like he's gonna lose me if he is himself. I love him and his protective side. I'm just gonna go to him after I finish here. 

*Harry cleans up and enters the room. He sees Louis turned away from the door and smiles*

Harry: I know you're not sleeping pure heart…

*Louis keeps his eyes closed even though he can't sleep*

Harry: can you talk to me please? I like it when we talk…

*Louis sighs and looks at him*

Louis: do you feel controlled by me?

Harry: never.

Louis: do you think I'm overprotective? 

Harry: I think you are perfect the way you are. Liam was just pointing out something cute, he wasn't saying it was bad.

Louis: but I don't want you to think you can't do anything… because you are free to do anything you want. 

Harry: aww my pure heart. Baby, it's the stress before the wedding? What is happening? 

*Louis shrugs*

Louis: I just… I want you to feel good

Harry: I am feeling good. And I like it when you're protective. I'm yours babe. I'm all yours. I love you and everything about you I don't want you to change at all. Okay? 

Louis nods: so I'm not being controlling? 

Harry: You're not. You're being the cutest human ever.

*Louis blushes*

Harry: don't listen to the boys anymore. They're a little stupid. 

*Louis laughs*

Harry: a little more

Louis: ya baby.

*Laughs*

Harry: it is true

Louis: maybe…

Harry giggles: I am addicted to you.

*Louis kisses him*

Louis: I'm addicted to you

*In the morning Louis wakes up first. He goes to the bathroom and then in the kitchen to make coffee for him and Harry. Everyone us sleeping so he is very quiet. Clifford ran to him and Louis smiled at him*

Louis whispers: hi baby

*Clifford jumps on his foot and Louis picks him up ge finishes doing the coffees and goes in the bedroom with Clifford running after him. Harry is already awake and Louis goes next to him handing him his coffee*

Louis: you really can't sleep without me can you? 

*Harry shakes his head still sleepy*

*Louis wraps his arm around his shoulders pulling him closer to him. Clifford is on the blanket curled up in a ball and Harry enjoys Louis' hug*

Harry: Louis?

Louis: yes

Harry: I adore you

Louis: I adore you more baby