VII | Trapped

There was commotion above them, and as they tried to get a hold of the team, there was no answer.

"Is there anything you didn't tell me?" Lex asked and you awaited an answer.

"Nothing. Your guess is as good as mine."

"Whatever it is, we're not prepared."

As much as you could be a little sarcastic, now wasn't the time. You warned them already, it's a pyramid and they act as if it's bone in the dirt.

"This isn't a walk in the park, of course something like this in a pyramid would happen. We knew we were blind walking into here, and we're blind now. I mean, this seems way more technologically advanced than just any pyramid, but now we have a heads up." You explained, projecting your voice louder for everyone else to hear.

"You're right, I mean I feel I should've made note of it way before, but I'm glad you did, y/n." Sebastian added, and you nodded in his direction with a slight smile.

"We just need to stick together, try not to panic, I know it's hard, but we work as a team."

"Yes, and now, we're gonna round up the rest of the team and get to the surface. Let's move!" As Lex spoke, Max and his men readied their guns.

"What are you doing?"

"My job. Yours is over." He gestured between the two of you with his glance.

"My job is over when everyone is back on the boat safely. And that gun doesn't change anything."

"That gun will not save you if you don't know what you're up against." You calmly stated.

"We'll see about that, Y/n."

There was no time for further bickering. The plan was to take the bearing, which hopefully lead to the entrance, and regroup at the whaling station. Max orders Stone and Verheiden to keep cover behind. Being concerned, you waited with Weyland. Then, Miller spoke up regarding the satellite.

"The heat bloom your satellite detected makes more sense now."

"What do you mean?"

"A building this sophisticated requires an energy source. I think that's what your satellite detected. A power plant for this pyramid, firing up. Preparing."

"Preparing? For what?"

Miller was right, but the question remains; what was this pyramid preparing for? Everything falls into place, but something is still missing. The purpose, and there was history written in these walls with the answers.

You waited for Weyland to go ahead, then you followed. Something felt off. Not that it hadn't all night. There was a warmth circulating slowly through you. Your body was switching into a defensive mode as you all made your way, passing by huge statues.

"Recognize what's on their shoulders?"

"We never should've taken those." You whispered.

As Sebastian deciphered the messages, humans worshiped whoever these creatures were, and the items taken were their weapons. Taking those items felt like some sort of trap, there was no way they would be back for these would they?

"If the sarcophagus was opened 100 years prior, and these weapons are in there now, what do you think that means?" You question aloud.

"What are you thinking?" Sebastian asks.

"I mean, would it be crazy to think that after all this time of believing in other beings out there, they could've led us here. Think about it." Lex meets your eyes, the skepticism is still there, but you can tell she's close to budging.

Without answer, everyone continued to keep moving as there was 200 yards until the entrance. Then, there was a light thud and everyone turned around to see someone's gun was dropped. Stone was noticed to be gone. His name is called for, but there is no answer, then everything happens so fast. Something pierced one of your peers, and shots were being fired.

Whatever it was, you missed it, then the pyramid begins shifting again. Just as it did, something caught your eye as it jumped across while the pyramid was contracting. Everyone is drawn in a panic, but not reacting fast enough.

You were distracted, and some of your team was hesitant, or getting left behind. Being that you did not react fast enough to keep up with the majority of them, you're trapped with Miller and Verheiden.