X | Trapped

You thought you'd be done for. It was so sudden, not even the humanoids reacted in time. You were unable to see what had you by your throat, but by the educated guess at this point, and the pressure of the edges, it was one of the creatures.

You witnessed firsthand the kind of damage these creatures could do, yet you were somehow not beheaded in your current state. As if it understood your wave of stress, it released its hold on you and your body's weight rested on the ground as you soothed your throat. Has this creature saved you from its own enemies? It was confusing as to who you're to currently trust.

These two opponents were against one another, yet one side protected you while the other studied you, unsure whether you were a threat or not perhaps?

As you gathered yourself and stood, the creature, this alien, growled softly as it watched you. There was no time as the pyramid began shifting again. The alien screeched as if to warn you, or maybe to urge you to get moving. There wasn't time to think as your instinct pushed you to run forward. The farther you ran the closer you were to your team. You saw them ahead of you running, but you could also hear heavy running behind you. The humanoids.

The creature had disappeared from behind you without you knowing. Forward was the only way and you wasted no time to check behind you.

"Lex!" You shouted as loud as you could.

They were far from you, and you could barely see them as they managed to get up on the moving floor. You weren't going to make it. Sebastian was the last to get up, and your stomach dropped as you couldn't tell whether he'd make it through or not from your distance. Nonetheless, you made it to the wall after everything finished shifting into a new place.

"Sebastian! Lex!" You shouted, hoping someone would hear.

"Y/n?!" Weyland called out.

"Yeah, I'm on the other side!"

You'd have to wait it out, hoping some opening would lead you back together, just another ten minutes to go. Lex and Sebastian had found an opening which they could see you through from a distance, and that's where you all communicated. That is until you heard a low purr behind you.

Lex stared at the presence behind you with fear in her eyes. Only one humanoid stood, so the other one didn't make it? Did they get distracted, or perhaps held back by something? It didn't matter right now, because right now it was you and him in this space. You pressed your wound to keep pressure while your sight bore into the humanoid.

There was a small creature with multiple legs that jumped out of nowhere. It looked like some sort of mutated scorpion or something. You recognized it from an extended part of the sacrificial chamber when something had fallen from the top. It was a fossilized version of this creature.

The humanoid was quick to slice it in half and it fell to pieces on the ground. Shortly after, you noticed a creature from before crept from the darkness in the top right corner, but the humanoid was aware and quick to slice its head before it could attack without even looking its way.

It was fortunate the humanoid was trapped with you after all. His hunting instincts were unmatched.

You walked clockwise to keep your distance as he stood in place to do his thing. The humanoid raised his hand and pulled a tube-like part off of his mask, or head, whatever the anatomy was for this creature. You didn't know what to expect, but you didn't expect that he was removing his mask. He paid little attention to you at first as he crouched to break a leg off of the smaller creature and began to brand his mask.

Lex and Sebastian watched through the opening. Sebastian was beginning to understand the circumstances better.

After the creature branded his mask, he branded his own forehead. You stared. Waited. There was nothing but time. The creature was in no rush to even try to kill you. As you studied it, you were learning more about the circumstances as well. You weren't armed, despite being injured, the creature had no reason to harm you. After killing what you could say is their prey, he is branding himself in their blood, which happens to be acidic.

If these creatures are prey, that makes them predators. Where does that leave you, humans?

The humanoid stood to put the mask back on, but something caught your eye that he seemed to be oblivious to. Without thinking, you leaped forward and blocked the path to the humanoid. The creature mid-air landed on you, but it didn't latch onto you nor attack you. It fell to the ground and attempted to run around to target the humanoid. At this point, the humanoid had his mask on and quickly killed the creature. You don't know why it didn't harm you. Everything was making sense, but when it came to you, it didn't.

The humanoid glanced at you. He observed and you stood in place. It noticed your wound and began to approach you. You flinched when he started walking quickly and you backed up until you were met with the wall. The humanoid grabbed your wrist moving it away from your wound. He peeled the piece of fabric covering it to assess the severity. He released your hand and turned away from you.

Speechless, you stood there without reaction. You checked over your wound only to see it appeared abnormal. You lifted your shirt finding there were lightning streak markings branched out from your wound.

"What the fuck?" You muttered.

Author's Note

Hey everyone, as I was looking back, I didn't realize it's been since the beginning of the year when I last updated. Apologies! There's a lot that's happened from last time, but now I struggle even more with my free time and feeling up to writing and doing things outside of work. I was promoted to a manager position sometime in the summer and while it has been an experience, I feel so busy and tired. It feels as if work is all I do and I don't want that to be the case. I hope you all enjoyed this update. I look forward to writing the next chapter. Take care of yourselves. <3