VIII | Creature

Being that the pyramid had trapped the three of you, there was nothing to do but wait. Verheiden did more than wait, he remained hopeless, keeping a negative mindset. No one was mentally prepared for this. Not that one could be perfectly fine in a situation like this, but everyone is impacted differently.

"We're never getting out of this place."

"Have you got any children?"

"Got a son."

"Yeah, I've got two. That means that we do not have the luxury of quitting. We're gonna make it outta here. We're surviving this, if I have to carry you the whole way."

"What about you? Any family?" You had been examining the walls around you, listening, but not engaging until Miller carried the conversation to you.

"No, no kids, no boyfriend or girlfriend, no parents. I'm not in contact with any family." Part of your response was somewhat of a lie. You didn't actually know your family, nor your parents. At least, you didn't remember them. There was something about your past you couldn't recall, but you never lingered, only kept moving forward. To now.

"Well, you have yourself, right?" Miller said, and you turned to meet his eyes, a soft smile crossing your lips.

"Yeah, I've got me, and we have to get through this together." You weren't the type to be completely negative, but you weren't one to have complete hope either. You were a realist, but you'd make sure that things worked out the way they should, which would be more towards the positive end.

It's to be accepted that consequences will occur, out of your hands, or even if you could've changed it, what's done is done. Some bad things never have to happen, and it's better accepting the reality of that than saying it happens for a reason, because not everything does.

"We just need to stay alert, we have no idea what's going to happen at any moment. How much time has passed by? I have a feeling the shifting occurs after a certain time. We'll find out soon enough though." You explain as you're scouting the interior for cracks, maybe something will hint as to what will open up first, but it is impossible to tell.

A short moment later, the wall pulls back, opening for them to walk through. You all look at one another before you take the lead and move forward. There was an opening to the left. You all crouch looking through.

"It would seem that we are rats in a maze." Miller comments, then apologizing as it didn't help Verheiden's mood.

You continue forward, Verheiden coming in last, and the path behind you closes. You can only move forward. It was a triangular tight space, but you all managed. While moving through, you checked all openings, occasionally behind you to make sure they were still there, but when Verheiden wasn't there, you then heard his panic in the distance.

"Verheiden?! Verheiden! Oh, God." Miller made it back first, looking down a floor trap Verheiden fell through.

"Dr. Miller! Get me outta here!"

"It's Okay. We're gonna find a way to get down to you. Okay? Verheiden!"

"Be careful!" You managed to call out to him before the floor closed. In seconds, all you could hear was his screams and gunshots. Something was with him.

Miller looked at you and met your eyes. There was a hardness on your face, but your eyes were softened.

"We can't do anything now." You said, but then you looked past him and saw something. Your eyes widened.

"Miller, get behind me." The creature was screeching and roaring, which made Miller slowly turn to look, but you grabbed him by his face.

"Move!" You whisper-yelled, and he tried his best to get past you.

The creature charged, but instead of tackling you, it stopped in front of you. The two of you were face-to-face, staring down one another. Your heart was racing, but you remained stern.

Dr. Miller turned his head back to see you weren't following. He paused and called out. Slowly, you began backing away. The creature followed slowly, tilting its head to the side as it stayed close to your face before it paused, and kneeled, almost like an animal being tamed.

You paused, feeling tempted, you brought your hand up and placed it on its head, and it growled, almost like it purred in a welcoming manner.

Author's Note

--

Hey guys! So, I've been going with the flow, because I honestly never exactly planned too far ahead, or I forgot what I wanted to do in the beginning, However, after some given thought, I decided I want to shape y/n inspired by the movie Species. 

If you've seen it, you might can guess what exactly I'm inspired by. I won't give away too much info, but leave your guesses in the comments if you'd like! :)

Also, when the time comes, I may go through and revise the story and writing sometime later. So, things may change sooner or later!

Don't forget to check out my Call of Duty Ghost x reader sometime as well if you're into COD!! Feel free to follow me for updates as well. I want to update ya'll through my conversation posts when I'm going to update and such instead of posting author notes to leave room for the chapter updates. <3

--