II | The Meeting

"Hello." A guy with a thick accent greeted as you hurried inside the helicopter and settled into a seat across from him and another person beside him.

"Hey. Did Weyland send for you guys too?" You asked though you felt that was already a given.

"Yeah, I assume he sent for you as well. I'm Sebastian." He leaned forward with his hand held out to to shake, and you leaned to reach and clasped your hand with his.

"Y/n. Say, not to be rude, but where are you from?" His accent was familiar, but you did not want to start making assumptions. It was quite rude, especially for others you don't know, yet sometimes it was complimentary.

"Not at all. I grew up in Italy. It must be the accent that gave it away." You could tell he was politely joking which earned him a smile and small laugh from you.

"I would have never guessed. And you are?" You looked to the other person next to Sebastian.

"Thomas, it's nice to meet you." He seemed to act a little awkward but you didn't mind. The conversation carried on through the ride and before you all knew it you were already flying over icy waters.

——————————————————

Ross Ice Shelf
Antarctica

"Wow, I can't believe this is really happening. I mean, nothing has happened yet, but I can feel it." You commented as you looked out the window and to the waters.

"What do you mean?" Sebastian asked.

"As I said, I'm twenty-two." You paused to look over at him. It was amusing to see people's reaction to how young you were every time. They just could not believe it. "I have no official experience, but I had official training. If Weyland is gathering us for something like an expedition this would be my first." You smiled proud to be invited.

Your father knew Weyland, which is how he became fond of you. Your father could not stop himself from bragging about you, but doesn't every parent do so when they are proud? You were so young, yet so different. Usually the smart ones are bullied, but in your case you were a different kind of smart that kept the other kids away. Reason being you weren't just mentally smart; you were physically smart and capable which made you stand out. Not that you were a bully, but you just stood up for yourself and did not take anyone's bull. Yes, you were young but you are one of the rare cases of being human. As rare as finding kindness in the world.

"Wow, I still can't believe it. That is really young. What is it you do again?" Not that you mentioned your abilities and specialties, but before you could answer the pilot called out for the landing and you both could feel the sway and slow into the helipad of the ship.

——————————————————

Ice breaker — Piper Maru
Current heading: classified

You, Sebastian and Thomas were few of the first ones to arrive. There was a gathering of men who seemed like a team of some sort. Considering you were surrounded by ice they must associate with that.

Soon enough more and more people were arriving. You learned a few new names. One guy had seemed as if he was trying to flirt with you; his name was Graeme Miller. One thing you got out from him was that he had two kids and he was documenting the trip for them.

A woman named Alexa Woods interrupted as to save you from him. You learned that she took scientists on trips on the ice and it only heightened your imagination of the possibility you were finally going to go out. Going out on ice was one of your trainings, but it wasn't a total area of focus. You knew enough to get by and live. Time passed and soon enough Maxwell began speaking.