V | The Tunnel

"All right, bring it up. Come on."

Everyone was in instant action as soon as you all reached below.

"Spread out."

"We'll use this place as a base camp."

"Mr. Quinn, begin drilling operations
as soon as you can."

"I'm on it. OK, guys, let's move out."

You opened the door of the snowmobile and stepped down as your eyes wandered across everyone. Since you had no task you stood astray listening and watching.

...

Lex, Sebastian, and you walked around the abandoned village, scoping out the area. Though, it was mostly just to look around.

"What are these?" Sebastian asked.

"Whale bones. This station was abandoned in 1904. Everyone just disappeared overnight. It was a big mystery back then." Lex answered.

"What if this so-called pyramid is the reason why everyone disappeared? Don't you think it's suspicious to be any sort of coincidence for this place to be abandoned, and then something historical pops up out of nowhere underneath?" You questioned.

"That's a good question. Sounds like you've already generated a theory on this expedition." Lex smiled slightly.

Considering that answers may be found down there, or even bring up more questions, it was something worth documenting about for research and analysis when it was time to be back on the ship.

...

"Over here. Over here."

"What is it?"

"Can you believe that?"

"It's drilled at a perfect 30-degree angle."

You all have gathered back to where there was commotion, which happened to be an apparent tunnel that was already drilled. Something about brought questions for everyone.

"How far does it go down?"

"All the way to the pyramid."

"There it is. Clear as day. And the same time yesterday...Nothing." Weyland said.

"That's incredible, but a little concerning." You commented.

"How was it done?"

"Thermal equipment of some kind."

"Like yours?"

"More advanced. Incredibly powerful. I've never seen anything like it."

"There's no team and no machine in the world
that could cut to this depth in 24 hours."

"Well, the only way we're gonna know for sure
is to get down there and find out."

With more questions added, the mystery of this town has expanded more than it just being about the town. This was beyond crazy to take a risk like this and explore those questions, like what will be found once down there...but it is in human nature to explore curiosities.

...

"Look at that. Change it. Now!"

"OK, guys, what's taking so long?"

"There's a storm coming."

As the guys were working on setting up the equipment to make the trip below, you stood idle to watch, but not close to where you would be getting in their way.

Lex, on the other hand, walked to the vehicle where Weyland resided inside. She opened the door to find that he was coughing and wheezing at the same time as he used his inhaler.