IX | Newcomer

Dr. Miller was stunned. You were stunned. The creature had stood down, and turned away, leaving the two of you alone. Before it came back you urged Miller to keep going until you both found an out. There wasn't any particular way out, so you both had to sit and wait at the end of one of the tunnels in this maze.

He sat on your right side, the opening of the tunnel being to your left. Being there was an elephant in the room, it had to be addressed.

"Y/n, what did you do?" He asked, his face a mixture of awe, confusion, and fear.

"I don't know. I didn't do anything." You answered.

"Do you think...Verheiden?" You looked over to him and shook your head, then turned away.

"I don't understand this if I'm to be honest, Dr. Miller. This should've been a simple pyramid discovery, not exactly a simple exploration, but we either walked into a trap, or into another species' home. We just need to get out of here, we were never properly prepped, but..." Your sentence drifted off.

You thought to yourself, thinking of why you were right for this mission. Who knew of you? Who recommended you to Weyland?

Without warning, the pyramid was shifting again. You both heard it in the distance, then there was an opening above you both. The two of you looked up, then to each other. Without a word, you stood to check it out first. It was only logical that you take lead being you won't be harmed, at least that was the current theory.

You climbed up the opening by indentations into the pyramid that allowed you to climb. After looking around, you concluded it was safe, and motioned for Dr. Miller to follow after you completely climbed out of the hole. You offered your hand, and he accepted it. After pulling him out, the floor closed up.

"Okay, we need to find the others and let them know if they don't know yet. We've much to discuss." The two of you begin to walk, but then there's voices in the distance, screams and struggles. You both look at each other before running towards that direction.

As you got closer, you halted and gestured for Miller to stay behind as you both peek behind the wall. Max was trapped by some sort of webbed trap, Lex was on the floor about to grab her climbing tool until an invisible, yet shaped force kicked her. You pushed Dr. Miller, and stood firm against the wall.

"What the fuck." You whispered, then glanced at Miller.

"What do we do?" He asked, his eyes widened in fear.

"Stay. Here." You instructed firmly before you twisted around and ran for Lex.

The newcomer had what looked to be a retractable blade weapon on their arm, and they were about to go for the kill. Then, there was something you noticed from behind them. Before anything happened, you flung yourself onto the tall newcomer, attempting to knock them out of the way from getting pierced by the other creature and killing Lex.

Lex was frozen for a moment, before coming to her senses.

"Y/n!" She called out to you.

They were alert though, and quick to switch places, grabbing and turning you over against a wall, their arm raised. They silently studied you for a moment, then noticed you had a cut on your side from the impact of tackling them. Before they had a chance, they reacted quickly to the creature that was attempting to attack again, by grabbing their tail and yanking them from top to the ground.

"Lex, Miller is over there! Get everyone and I'll meet you guys!" You called out to her. She was hesitant to leave you, but she did as you suggested.

The tall newcomer and creature were about to battle it out, but you stood as fast as you could, wincing from your wound, but never minding it, and stood between them, staring the creature down. It was a grasp at this point, a last minute plan of diffusion, so you hoped this worked as it did with the last one.

The creature screeched on its hindlegs, as if complaining or taunting the newcomer behind you, before it lowered its head as a welcoming towards you, with a small growl. You approached it carefully, the newcomer stood curious as to what you were doing, but they grew impatient and marched towards you. You turned around and backed up a bit into the creature and it ran around placing itself between you and the newcomer, as if it were protecting you.

"Y/n! This way!" Dr. Miller called out to you, and you looked over in their direction.

For some reason, you debated on staying, even though you should stick together. There was too much risk staying, so you turned to make a run for it, but instead ran into another tall, invisible-ish force.

Author's Note
--

Hey guys, I wanted to update before I went to work today, and I didn't have time to write this to the extent I wanted, so I decided to divide it into a part one and two. I'm also having ideas stirred in my head. If you haven't read my update on my profile, I was having a hard time dealing with work and home stress, and it has been blocking me mentally. I was finally able to write though, and I am really excited because just like ya'll I'm waiting for what's next to come to me in my imagination. <3

Anyways, I gotta leave for work now. Until next time! :)