013

warning: smut (not sex)

JACK WOKE UP at the sound of a cry, the sky was still dark and he was still tucked into zara's bed. he looked to his left and saw her. her eyebrows were scrunched up and she gripped the sheets tightly. she let out another sound and he realised it came from her, shaking her body awake. "hey," he shook her, "zara wake up"

"no" she mumbled, fear laced into her voice, "please no"

"zara!" he shouted, panicking.

she suddenly woke up, sitting up abruptly, chest rising and falling rapidly.

"zara, hey, it's me" he made her aware of where she was and who she was with. he wrapped his arms around her and she leaned into him, silent tears smothering his bare chest. "you're safe, you're safe baby" he comforted her, drawing circles on the back of her neck with his thumb. "what's wrong?" he asked as she pulled away.

"nothing" she lied, not wanting to tell him the truth about the nightmare - more of a flashback - that she just had.

"it's not nothing, please what's wrong? you can trust me" he pleaded, looking into her eyes.

her head flicked down to watch her hands, which we're picking the skin around her nails, one of her fingers bleeding. his eyes followed hers and he grabbed her hands once he saw what she was doing. "you're hurting yourself, stop" he gripped them apart from each other, like a safety barrier.

"i just had a bad dream, i'm sorry" she mumbled. "what time is it?"

"i don't know, but that's not important. are you okay?"

"i am now, i promise" she knew how to distract him from the truth, and so she reached up and connected their lips, but he pulled apart.

"cmon, let's go back to sleep" he cuddled her into his chest, keeping a hand in her hair, almost playing with it. "night pretty"

she hardly slept the rest of the night, too scared that if she closed her eyes she'd have to relive the horrors that were once her reality.

jack
sorry i had to leave this morning
i have training xx

zara
that's okay x
thank you for yesterday

jack
always xx

zara
i'll talk to u later x

zarai'll talk to u later x