024

THE NEXT TWO days were spent doing self care. zara had a photoshoot for a lingerie business she was working with and afterwards went to get a fresh start of nails. the next day she got her hair cut a little and blow dried. as much as she disliked jack at the moment, she still wanted to look good. show him what he was missing.

man city had a game against arsenal, and instead of going to support jack and wearing his shirt, she went to support arsenal, her and aaliyah both wearing shirts with bukayo's name on them.

"i saw kayo coming out of your room the other morning" zara giggled, watching her friend smile.

"fuck z, he was so good!" she gawked, "and he's like the sweetest person ever"

"aww"

man city won 2-1. when the game ended, the two girls made their way onto the edge of the pitch to say well done to saka, even though they hadn't won he'd played well.

afterwards, aaliyah snuck off with bukayo somewhere and zara made her way to the bar and waited for jack. she ordered a drink whilst she waited, scrolling on her phone before sending a text to her groupchat with declan, rashy, kayo and raheem in, saying that she was about to talk to him.

she clicked the off button on her phone and slid it into her pocket as jack walked over. "i cant say it don't hurt to see ya wearing his shirt" he said.

"i cant say it doesn't hurt when you cheat on me" she countered, crossing her arms.

he sighed, a hurt look on his face, "cmon, let's not do this here" he placed a hand on her back as she stepped of the stool, guiding her as they walked.

as much as she wanted to brush of his touch, she liked the comfort of him being there. "where are we going then?" she asked.

"i know a spot"

he ordered them an uber as they stood in and awkward silence. she pulled out her phone and texted bukayo back, who was just checking that she was okay.

"who ya texting?" jack asked nosily.

"kayo" she replied, not looking up from her phone.

"what so are youse a thing or?" her head snapped to face his, her eyebrows furrowed.

"no jack. me and kayo are just friends. i wouldn't cheat on you" she snapped as their uber arrived.

the car drive was also silent.

when they arrived at the secluded cafe, he ordered them both a drink, knowing her go-to.

"so how've ya been?" he asked, sipping his coffee.

"alright" she lied.

"good good"

"look jack," she started, putting an end to the small talk, "i need to know why you did it"

"i told ya babs, i thought ya'd cheated on me. i was so angry and i just acted impulsively. if i could go back i change what i did. i promise ya i would bab. i'm so sorry" he cupped his hand over hers which was resting on the table.

"you still did it" she pulled her hand away from
his. "i just," she sighed, "i just thought you were more mature than that jack"

"i am babs. i promise ya. please give me another chance an i won't break ya trust, i promise." he begged.

"maybe we need more tim-"

"don't say that zara. the past week all i've been able to think about is how much i love ya and miss ya. your it for me zara"

her heat felt like it was being tugged out of her chest and pulled over to his. like a magnet. they were twin flames. she missed him so much the past week, but wouldn't let herself say it aloud because it felt like she was disrespecting herself, going back to a man who cheated on her. she knew he would never have done it if he didn't think she'd cheated first, but he still did it.

"look, maybe we can take things slow. i don't want to jump straight back into anything too much yet"

"i love ya" he smiled, bringing her hand up to his mouth and kissing it, "i promise
ya i won't mess up this time"

"please keep your promise jack"

A/N
so they're taking it slow x
ugh i just want them back together right now