†Happy Valentine's Day, Natsu†

*Genre: Angst, Tradegy, Romance

Fairy Tail Guild Hall (10 pm)

.
.
Natsu's POV

"Hey Mira, have you seen Lucy?" I asked, gently dropping my fire whiskey.

"Oh yes, she left an hour ago. She said she needs to get home early for tomorrow." she winked and I did not know what she meant.

"Okay, I'll go visit her." I stood up and run outside the guild but before I disappear I heard Macao shouting something about the night executors.

I just shrugged. I can take them down easily.

I reached Luce's apartment and jumped to reach the window. This is my daily routine.

I plumped down to her bed and breathe, inhaling her sweet lovely scent. Aahhh, her scent is really relaxing. I could get used to this.

Maybe I should take a bath so Lucy wouldn't complain about my smell.

After...

I didn't know I slept inside. I must be really tired.

I looked at the time and it was already 11:55 pm.

Now I'm worried. Where is she? How long it has to take to finish whatever she is preparing? I walk back and forth thinking and worrying about her. What if something happened to her? No, I trust Luce. I believe in her.

Then I heard the door creaked. That scent.

"Luce!" I exclaimed happily. I hugged her tightly, my worries and fears vanished instantly but there is still a little anxiety.

"Where have you been?" I let go of her and stared at her warm brown eyes.

"Sorry, I guess I was just lost." Luce replied in mousy. Then she hug me again, gripping my vest behind.

We stood there for I don't know how many minutes but I didn't mind. I like the warm feeling she's giving me.

"Ne Natsu..." she uttered.

"Hhmmm?"

"It's more fun when we're together, right?"

I chuckled remembering the time when she first quoted that. "Yeah."

"Natsu, when I'm gone. I want you to smile no matter what. Move on if you needed to. Don't worry though, I'll always be by your side."

"Wha? The hell you're talking about Luce?" I pushed her gently so I could stare at her. "Don't say something like that. I promised you right? I'll always protect you." she smiled wholeheartedly.

It was already 11:59 pm.

She put her right hand inside her handbag, searching for something until she pulled out a rectangular box.

It was neatly wrapped with ribbons. "What's this?" I asked giving her a curious look.

"It's my gift for Valentine's day. Go on, open it."

I quickly unwrapped the box and saw a necklace. It wasn't an ordinary necklace but a special one. A key with a gem on the middle that looks like fire when you look closer. And I could also feel some magic energy on it. (A/n: I'm giving you the opprtunity to imagine something more extravagant)

"Wow Luce. This is the best gift ever!" I pulled her to a hug and whispered 'thank you'. I felt her smile. I temporarily removed my scarf and placed it around my neck.

"Natsu, I love you." she said hurriedly. Not very fast but just enough for me to hear loud and clear.

I was shocked and glad at the same time. Glad because she feels the same way.

"Lucy I--" I heard the clock 'ding' loudy meaning it's midnight then

"NATSU! OPEN UP BASTARD! HURRY!"

"Be right back." I excused and she nodded. Before I took another step, I turn around and kiss her on the lips passionately. I grinned at her and run to the door that they kept on banging like there's no tomorrow. "Happy Valentine's Day, Natsu." she said faintly.

"NATSU!! HURRY UP AND OPEN THIS BATDAMN DOOR!" Erza shouted furiously.

I twisted the doorknob and open it widely.

"Wh--" I cut myself off. No way. There's no way that--- no I just...

Erza, Gray, Mira, Levy, Gajeel and Wendy are standing. Some of them sniffling and crying. What made me fall to my knees is what Loke's carrying.

N-no way in hell! She was with me just now!

Lucy's body was a mess. Blood splattered all over her body. Her right arm almost about to ripped off. Dark bruises everywhere. And a stab on her chest.

I couldn't stand it! "You guys! Stop this prank pls. It's not funny." I laugh, more like sobbed.

"N-Natsu, I'm sorry I wasn't able to help her. I was so weak!" Loke averted his gaze. Tears forming at the corner of his eyes.

"I was too late when I get there. I wasn't able to heal her. Gomene." Wendy cried.

Suddenly I felt something flowing down on my cheeks. I am crying.

I touched the necklace she gave then I gripped it.

"Natsu, when I'm gone. I want you to smile no matter what. Move on if you needed to. Don't worry though, I'll always be by your side."

L-Luce... Why?

"I love you."

No fair!

"Lucy and I were looking for a gift for you. It was late 11 when we went to our last destination. She said she wanted her gift to be special. I don't know what did she put in that gift. On our way home, we were surrounded by the night executors. They were strong enough and Lucy died protecting us by closing our gates in force. I refused but I was out of magic. The next event was a blur and the last thing I saw was Lucy being stabbed straight to her chest. I-I am so weak! I couldn't even protect her!"

I violently pushed them aside and run away. Don't know where I was heading but ended up in the forest. There, I let out everything. Frustration, depression, fury and my feelings for her.

Why Luce? Why'd you do that to me? You're not fair.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Natsu"