"His Guitar"

Genre: Romance, Hurt/Comfort and Friendship

*Hiro Mashima owns Fairy Tail*

*Inspired by the photo above*

No One's POV

Everyday she will see him at the park near the fountain, playing his guitar.

She never saw him at her school. She heard him play and day by day, she fall in love with him and his heavenly voice.

She never knew his name nor anything from him.

She knew when the clock strike at exactly 7 pm, he will leave and come back again 7 am sharp.

She will never know the reason why he's always there. Doesn't he have parents? Guardian? Or worse, a house? Does he live alone?

Those questions where never answered until one night.

Lucy just finished her class and stayed up late at the library for some research. Being the top student is hard.

The blonde teenager cursed knowing it was almost 7 in the everning.

Surely her roommate/bff would be worried and will bombard her once she got home.

When she pass the fountain, where the salmon-haired guy always play, she saw his guitar lying on the bench.

The guitar was wrecked. Strings broken or missing. It was broken into half. The tuners are not in there proper place. In short, it couldn't be played anymore.

What happened?! The blonde stared at the guitar wide-eyed. She was about to touch it when a hand came to halt her move.

She looked up and saw onyx eyes staring deeply into her brown ones.

She was mesmerize at his eyes. They were warm and loving.

"U-uh... I-I'm sorry." she bowed, making her hair fall to her side.

"It's fine." It was low and husky compare to the voice he uses whenever he sings.

"W-what happened anyway?" she was taken back when she saw sadness to his forest green eyes. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. If you don't---"

"I failed." was his answer still staring at his broken guitar. The top student kept her mouth shut.

"I failed to keep her alive. The expenses where so high and we don't have enough money to pay her medicines. Yesterday they called me and said that she's dead." he sobbed while she watch him.

"I work day and night. Singing in the bars, parties, funerals or weddings but it was not enough. I-I don't know what to do anymore. I only have my sister and I promise to her that she will grow up where she will have anything she wants. Not like this." a tear slide down to his cheek.

"Please forgive me. I don't want to involve you here."

"You're too kind."

"W-what?"

"Now I know why you are always here." she stared at him and smiled.

"Lucy. Lucy Heartfilia. I heard you sing everytime I pass here. Your voice is really unique and pleasant to hear."

"Uh eh... Thanks. Natsu Dragneel by the way." they shook hands and stood their with a comfortable silence.

"Do you still want to sing?" she asked.

"I want to but *sigh* I don't have my guitar anymore."

"But will you sing if you have?"

"Well yeah." he said confuse by her question.