Chapter 2

“Roxas?” asked the brunette boy at the door way. Roxas, unable to move any other part of his body decided to just look at his red and black shoes to hide his blush.

                “Ye…yeah…” he mumbled quietly.  Sora immediately put on a goofy smile.

                “Can I help you?”

                “I’m looking for Vanitas,” Roxas answered, keeping his gaze away from his subject of affection.  For a brief moment, Sora’s smile slightly faltered but quickly became its ultimate brightness again.

                “He isn’t here right now, do you want to wait here for awhile?” Sora gestured to the inside of his house.

                Roxas began panicking in his head “Me in Sora Fair’s house? Are you kidding? Where do I sign up? Okay Rox… calm down, don’t sound too fan-girly. Oh what if I do something wrong and he hates me? I don’t know, maybe I should say no… no, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!”

                “Sure,” his voice cracked, but his crush obviously didn’t seem to notice.

                “That’s great! I mean cool… come in!” He took Roxas’s hand, which caused his face to turn a darker pink shade, and led him to the living room. He was bounding along quite fast that Roxas was left panting, even though the living room was not that far off. He gestured to the white sofa with the old flower design and asked him if he was hungry. It was then did Roxas remember the noodles he left in the kitchen.

                “Okay,” Roxas answered, and his tummy grumbling confirmed it. Sora chuckled before running along to the kitchen. Roxas smiled at his energy which was similar to a puppy’s. He heard the front door click open and a set of footsteps that sounded louder as it came closer. The next thing he knew, he was staring at a pair of piercing yellow eyes.

                “Ven?” asked Vanitas, walking towards the seated blonde boy.  The forgotten anger suddenly was built up once again within Roxas.

                “No, you asshole!” Roxas yelled.

                “Roxas, you have to…”

                “I don’t have to do anything! You have to listen! Why would you do that to Ventus? What did he do to you?”

                “I…I didn’t mean it this time,” he whimpered, looking like he was on the verge of tears, “I saw the book and someone took it of me and they passed it around. When Ven saw his book being read by that yellow haired floozy Larxene, she blamed it on me! I never meant for it to go to anyone else… I’m sorry!”

                Roxas was dumbstruck, not only because of the black haired bully’s apology but because of the tears that were actually spilling onto the red and gold carpet. “Tell him that yourself, come on!” He made Vanitas walk to his car and both boys drove off to the Strife residence.

                Ven was still on the lawn, his face in his hands but he wasn’t crying. He was more worried, for his and his brother’s well-being. He knew what Vanitas was capable of, and for that he was afraid. But he was quickly relieved when he saw the familiar car drive in, but the feeling was quickly washed away when he saw what had also come out other than his twin. The black haired bully trudged off in front of Ventus and sat at his level.

                “Ven I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to do what I did, I only wanted to see what that book was and someone else took it from me.  I’m sorry,”  

                Ven had never seen Vanitas so vulnerable, he was usually extremely calm and collected so he had never seen him cry. He began realizing that Vanitas never spread rumors or has anyone else harass him, like it was he and only he could mess with him. He reached over and gave his bully a hug and the devil returned it gratefully.

                “Friends?” offered Ventus.

                Vanitas pulled away and smiled, “Sure.”

                Roxas was in a way wondering what had possessed his brother to completely forget what the black-haired devil had done to him in the past and offer friendship but he was proud of what he did anyway. But then he had realized he had made a huge mistake… he completely forgot Sora.