Chapter 6

“Soo Roxy! Getting all buddy buddy with Sora aren’t ya?” asked his certain red-headed best friend.

                “Yeah so what?”

                “So what? Roxas, you’re one step closer to his bed!” commented Naminé, finishing the rest of her peas in one movement. Axel had dropped his spork, clutching his sides in laughter.

                Roxas was shocked at his other best friend’s words, “Naminé! Eww what are you thinking?”

                “Nice one Nami! But it’s true, what have you been trying to do since middle school?” Axel said, once his laughs subsided.

                “I’m not after him for a one-nighter!” he defended, glaring at the two.

                “We know jut calm down Rox, we were only joking!” cooed the blonde haired lady.

                Roxas’s smile returned, “Good… plus I already have been on his bed,” his two friends mouth shot open, “Not like that you pervs!”

                The two nodded in understanding and got up to go to their lunchtime detention; caught again making out in Vexen’s beaker cabinet. He ate his lunch in peace for a while until a certain boy ran up to his table.

                “Hey Hayner what’s up?”  

                “Hide me!”

                Roxas gave him a confused look, “Okay… get under the table,” the frantic boy quickly dove under the circular stone.

                “Hey Roxas!” greeted Olette as she happily skipped to him.

                “Hey what’s going on?”

                “Have you seen Hayner?”

                “No I haven’t.”

                “Oh really…”

                “Yes really.”

                “Then who is that under the table?”

                “Umm… nobody! You’re seeing things Olette.” He accused, signaling Hayner to go lower under the table. Unconvinced she kneeled down.

                “Hello Olette,” Hayner chuckled awkwardly.

                “HAYNER YOU ARE SO DEAD! THIS SHOULD TEACH YOU NOT TO MESS WITH MY HAIR!” she yelled. The blonde boy paled and dashed from under the table running off into the distance. “AND YOU, YOU’RE GOING TO PAY FOR LYING TO ME!” Roxas gulped and chased after his friend.

The rest of lunchtime was spent playing tag; or Olette’s version of tag which was chasing her two idiot friends around the school yard.

                “You got fast!” exclaimed Roxas as she tackled him on the grass floor.

                “Well you gotta be if you’re gonna join the cross country team!”

                “You’re joining?”

                “Yup!”

                “Wow!”

                “What are you two doing?” asked Vanitas, who strolled over to the two teens on the floor.

                “We were just messing around,” explained Roxas.

                “Whatever, have you seen Ven around?”

                “No, come to think of it I haven’t seen him since this morning.”

                Vanitas’s expression drooped, “Oh okay, thanks anyways!”

                “ROXAS! YOU’VE GOT TO COME QUICK!” yelled Hayner as he bolted across the field.

                “It’s okay, I think Olette calmed down.”

                “No it’s not that. It’s Ven!”

                “What? What happened?” The question did not come from him, but from Vanitas.

                The panting boy began explaining, “We-well no one knows where he is! I overheard from a teacher and…” Vanitas had no patience to listen to the blabbering, he bolted quickly with Roxas behind him.

                “VEN!”

                “VENTUS!”

                “VEN! WHERE ARE YOU?”

                “Hey guys what are you doing?” asked Sora, walking in their direction.

                Vanitas ignored his twin and continued his search. “We’re looking for my brother, have you seen him?” Roxas said. The brunette shook his head and promised to aid in the search.

                The birds chirped a tune that could soothe a pride of lions while the sky showcased its baby blue colors; brandishing a white mould every so often. A blonde boy rested on the horizon line separating the greens and the wind. His eyes fluttered open as something landed on his rising chest. He gazed at the marvelous fruit that had managed to sit itself on his body. The perfect red apple rolled off as he sat up, admiring the view from his spot under the apple tree.

                Ventus stretched and yawned, he had a magnificent nap. He stood up and slung his bag over his shoulder. He hummed softly to a song as he made his way back to school.

                “It looks like it’s still break time,” he muttered to himself. He opened the green door to the boy’s locker room only to be tackled by something.  

                “Va-Vanitas?” he asked, looking down at the boy gripping his shirt tightly. He tried prying the boy off but he wouldn’t budge.

                “VENTUS! Where have you been?” called Roxas as he ran over to the two teens with Sora hot on his trail.

                “I was taking a nap why?”

                “FOR OVER 3 HOURS?”

                “3 hours? Isn’t it still break time?”

                “NO you idiot! It’s lunchtime!”

                Ventus’s eyes widened, “Oh crap, I have to go! Vanitas, could you let go of me?”  The black haired teen shook his head into the white shirt.

                “Are you okay Vanitas?”

                “Stu-stupid Ventus!” he answered, hitting his fist against the blonde boy’s chest; refusing to look up.

                “I’m sorry for worrying you so much, Vani; but I need to go see the teachers.” He voiced, unconsciously stroking the raven hair. The ex-bully nodded and stood up straight, his cheeks wet from the shed tears but he couldn’t let Ven see that so he sped off in the opposite direction.  

                Once Ven composed himself again he spoke confusedly, “What just happened?”