[Draco Malfoy] ~ Arranged Love

Hellooooo my lovelies!!!
Long time no see, how are you? 

Today, I bring to you a request by 
I am really sorry it took me this long to update, and I really hope you like it!! <3
xx,
SweetSweetLoneliness

FIFTH-YEAR

Christmas holidays were always insufferable. Not only Christmas, but every other holiday as well, especially when you were a part of the sacred twenty-eight and, more importantly, when your parents were best friends with your worst bully's parents.
Draco and I had been really good friends when we were kids, but then I got sorted into Gryffindor and he got sorted into Slytherin, and we parted ways. I had sort of expected him to step away from me if we got sorted into different houses, but I hadn't expected him to start bullying me and my friends.
But why? And what confused me even further was why he had stopped bullying me all of a sudden this year, and I was ready to tackle this issue head-on.
I had written to Harry, Hermione, and Ron and they all thought it was a bad idea to confront him in front of his parents and most especially at his house, but I would probably be doing it anyway.
I was a little too headstrong for my taste. At first, I had tried to skip this dreadful part and run away to the Weasleys' house, but mother had been adamant I attended.
Being fifteen meant that I could finally sneak a few drinks here and there without my parents trying to murder me or punish me, and I would be making full use of this privilege. If I wanted to get through tonight without punching anyone in their pale face, then I'd need to drink.

I smoothed out my dress as I looked in the mirror before I walked to the nursery to get my baby brother, whom the Nanny elves were dressing. I walked into the room and greeted the elves with a simple nod of my head, and they smiled. I sat on the rocking chair, putting on my heels. My parents had gone ahead without me and my brother seeing as neither of us was ready yet and they wanted to make sure they were there on time. I had half a mind to grab my brother and skip this thing, but I'd have to spend the rest of my life running away from them because I skipped this stupid thing, so it was in everyone's best interests I didn't skip. "Is Jeremiah ready?"
Twinkie, our nanny elf (who had also been my nanny elf) nodded and handed me a bag with Jeremiah's stuff. "He's great to go, mistress. Master Jeremiah is in a good mood!"
I laughed lightly, knowing how my baby brother was usually in a great mood, but today he was, apparently, in an even better mood. I picked my brother up and grabbed his bag from Twinkie's hands, before shooting her a smile.
"Thank you, Twinkie, we probably won't be long."
Twinkie smiled as she set to tidying up the nursery. "Greatest luck to you, mistress."
I smiled as I bounced my baby brother on my hip, heading towards the fireplace. He babbled as he smiled up at me. "Tonight's going to be something."

When I got to the Malfoy Manor, there was an elf, ready to receive me. I handed the elf mine and Jeremiah's coats, but stayed with his bag on my shoulder, in case he got hungry or needed his diaper changed. After seeing how Draco turned out, I wasn't too keen to trust the Malfoy's nanny elf.
I walked into the ballroom, finding my parents huddled together in a corner with the Malfoys, exchanging whispers, and I rose an eyebrow at that.
I knew they were great friends, but Mrs. Malfoy always made a point to interact with every one of her guests when she hosted these types of events. Something was fishy.
"There's my favorite Everhart!" Someone called from behind me and I turned around, smiling at the sight of Theodore Nott. He was usually very quiet, but we had always hit it off nicely.
"Hi, Nott."
Theo smiled at me, set to play with my baby brother, who giggled and wriggled in my arms as Theo tickled him.
"I really thought you had just gotten your brother and left without telling me." Theo complained and I laughed.
"I pondered on it. Mother and Father came ahead, and I had half a mind to pack up and leave, but it would be more trouble than it's worth."
Theo nodded as Jeremiah yawned, already tired from all the playing around with Theo. He began sucking on his thumb, which I pulled from his mouth to give him a pacifier. He laid his head on my shoulder and I adjusted him in my arms so that he'd be more comfortable, and Theo reached into the bag to pull Jeremiah's blankie and helped me wrap him with it.
"Thank you." I thanked him quietly as Theo smiled at me.
"Anytime. Do you know what your parents and Malfoy's parents have been talking about?" Theo asked as he glanced at my parents, who sure enough, were still talking with Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy.
"I have no idea, but I'd sure like to know." I contemplated before I looked at Theo. "Can we just go sit somewhere for a little, just while Jeremiah naps, he won't take long to wake up?"
Theo nodded immediately, showing me a smile. "I'll lead the way."
As Theo and I walked through the mass of people congregated in this room, we greeted most of them and we used Jeremiah being asleep as an excuse to get out of any social obligation. We asked an elf we found on our way out if there was any room where we could sit silently and the elf guided us to the living room, which was empty.
I sat down, adjusting Jeremiah in my arms and crossing one leg over the other. "I have something to ask you, Theo, and I need you to be honest with me."
Theo looked at me with a small smile. "Have I ever been anything but?"
I nodded. "Do you have any idea why Draco stopped bullying me?"
Theo sighed but shook his head. "My guess is as good as yours. I'd like to be naïve enough to believe he did it because Blaise and I kept bugging him about being an asshole to you when you have done nothing to him, but there must be something else."
I sighed as I nodded. I just wished I knew what it was.