[Dean Thomas] ~ Ugly jealousy

Hello! 
This was requested by 
Hope you enjoy it!

I eyed Cedric wearily. He surely didn't mean it.
"Okay Diggory. Spill. Why asking me?" I crossed my arms over my chest as I saw Ron, Hermione and Harry curiously staring at Cedric and I.
"Oh c'mon on now, why wouldn't I want to go with such a pretty and lovely lioness?" Cedric asked bashfully and I snorted. I could think of quite some reasons and all of them began with Cho and ended in Chang.
"Stop trying to butter me up and give me real reasons Diggory." I said and Cedric sighed.
"Alright, I was too late when I went to ask Cho and she was already asked by a Durmstrang guy, and since your lovely little lion hasn't plucked up courage and you probably won't ask him either, I figured we could go together." Cedric explained and I nodded. There was the real reason.
"Alright, I will go with you." I rolled my eyes as Cedric kissed my hand goodbye.

"And what did Cedric want?" Harry asked as the three of them crowded around me.
"For someone who is so bloody busy with the tournament you sure can be a gossip, did you know that Potter?" I asked as we walked together and Harry chuckled.
"Bloody Hell, just tell us!" Ron said and Hermione pushed him away as she linked her arm with mine.
"If she doesn't want to say anything, then she will not boys." She winked at me, and I smiled. Just to mess with the two boys beside us I leaned in to whisper in Hermione's ear. "Cedric asked me to go with him to the ball." I confided and Hermione squealed slightly, before coughing and regaining her composure.
"Aren't you going to tell us? I thought the four of us were best mates." Ron pleaded and I rolled my eyes again.
"Oh for the love of Godric, he asked me to the ball! There! Happy?" I asked and kept walking, realizing that I'd left Ron and Harry speechless.
"He what now?" Harry asked and I rolled my eyes. "Didn't you say you wanted to go with Dean? Why did you say yes to Cedric?!" Harry asked and I slapped his shoulder.
"Can't you speak a little louder? I don't think the folks in America heard you!" I complained and they all laughed at me. "Laugh all you want, but he wasn't going to ask me, and I sure as Hell wasn't going to ask him, so I accepted Cedric's offer."

"You already have a date?" I heard someone ask from behind me and I turned, recognizing the voice as Dean's. I looked over him, as his eyes dropped to his feet and I suddenly felt like someone was grasping my throat and my heart.
"Yeah, I'm going with Cedric. He just asked me." I admitted quietly and Dean nodded to himself, before looking up with a somewhat bitter smile.
"I hope you two have fun then!" And with that he walked away.
I exchanged a look with Hermione, and she shrugged. We'd have to talk about Dean's reaction later, right now, I had to get some information about Hermione.
"So, how's the date search going for you three?"
Ron and Harry exchanged desperate looks and from then I could tell that they weren't successful at all, but Hermione on the other hand, from the blush covering her cheeks I just knew that there was something she hadn't told me, or the boys.
I guess neither of us would be sleeping tonight.

(...)

"You're telling me that Krum's friend, that guy who is always with him, the one who is super attractive, and blonde wanted to go with me? To the Yule Ball?" I asked Hermione as we walked around Hogsmead, trying to find our dresses for the ball.
Hermione sighed as she pulled me into a store that had lovely dresses on display.
"Yes, he was heartbroken when I told him you already had a date. He really 'vonted' to go with 'ze single most pretty girl in Gogwarts'" Hermione said, trying to imitate Krum's friend's accent as she struck a very intimidating pose.
I giggled as we approached the shopkeeper. "But I thought you wanted to go with Ron?"
Hermione sighed
"Well, if Ronald had considered me his first option and not his last, then maybe I would have gone with him. But Viktor is a really sweet guy, even if I have to ask him to repeat himself at least three hundred times every time he speaks." I rolled my eyes as the shopkeeper approached us.