[Tom Riddle] ~ Protect him

"But, mister Dumbledore, I didn't finish training, I can't possibly do it!" I warned as I looked around the office and the older man sighed deeply as the Headmaster entered the office.
"Albus, I trust this is the young lady the prophecy is about." said the headmaster as he looked me over from head to toe and let out a slight smirk when he noted the green and silver in my robes.
So the Headmaster was a former Slytherin himself.
"It is." Dumbledore said as he pushed me forward so the headmaster could greet me. "This is Miss Drakos. I trust you are well aware of the prophecy." Dumbledore said as the headmaster, and I shook hands and the headmaster nodded.

"I am, Albus, now" the headmaster turned to me "Miss Drakos, I have called Mister Riddle to escort you to the Slytherin common room. Everything has been taken care of and all of your belongings have been sent to your dormitory." I nodded politely as I straightened my robes. I was going to be protecting this Riddle man, and if the prophecy was to be trusted, I was facing no easy task, especially counting on my unfinished training.
"Please excuse my curiosity Miss Drakos, but where exactly were you studying magic before? Albus has kept your academical record very secretive if I do say so. I assume of course he has perfectly good reasoning, and perhaps I could be reading too far into matters, but I would believe it is safe to assume it will be an exquisite record." The headmaster said in an accusing tone and if was more distracted I wouldn't have noticed the tension between him and Dumbledore. I looked over at Mister Dumbledore and he nodded. " Thank you, headmaster. I have been home-schooled in Greece by an elderly witch. She believed there was something special about me." I explained as shortly as I could, as mister Dumbledore had instructed, and the headmaster nodded as we heard a knock on the door. "Tom, my boy, please come in."
The boy I was supposed to protect walked in and as I looked at him, I found he was handsome beyond belief and he looked like a man of culture, but there was something about the way his eyes were glistening against the light that came from the tall windows in the office that threw me off. He was going to prove hard to look after.
"You called me in, Headmaster Dippet?" Riddle asked, his eyes never leaving me. I didn't cower under his stare if that was what he was expecting. I might've been a woman, but I wasn't about to let myself cower under the stare of a man whom I had to protect. If anything, he should've been the one cowering at the sight of me. With the years of martial arts training I have endured, I could surely put him to sleep with a hand tied behind my back and my eyes taped shut.
"Yes Mister Riddle, this is Miss Drakos, she is the new transferred student. I want you to escort Miss Drakos to the Slytherin common room and guide her through her day until she is able to easily navigate through Hogwarts." Mister Dumbledore said and this Tom character nodded as he extended his arm to me.

"Well, shall we, Miss Drakos?" Riddle asked and I played the part of the blushing girl and accepted his arm as I pretended to grow flustered.
"We shall, Mister Riddle." I answered as we exited before Dumbledore stopped us.
"And Miss Drakos, unlike in Greece, here the professors prefer to be addressed to as 'professor' rather than Mr, Mrs. or miss."
I nodded as Riddle began to walk slowly.
"Yes, professor."
Tom and I walked in silence as we navigated through Hogwarts.
"Is there a wizarding school in Greece, Miss Drakos?" Riddle asked all of a sudden and I shook my head.
"There is not, I was home-schooled." I answered shortly as we walked, and everyone stared. Good Lord was he that well-known?!
"Please excuse the stares, I understand they are making you rather uncomfortable." he said but he didn't seem fazed by the stares at all. So, he was used to them. "I do not mean to sound full of myself, but I'm what some would call a 'Golden Boy', according to most teachers, I am a perfect fit for the position of Head Boy next year." he explained, and I nodded, and he continued. "But you were saying you were home-schooled? I understand moving from such a small academic life to one like Hogwarts must be quite a change." he said, and I sighed. Every male expected all females to cower under new situations and to feel uneasy and if I wanted Riddle to keep me close I'd need to do just that.
"One might say it is quite frightening in all honesty, but I am here to finish my academic course in one of the top wizarding schools and there shouldn't be anything frightening me more than the possibility of wasting my future and my time." I said and saw the way Riddle's gaze on me shifted. He seemed curious.
"Is that so Miss Drakos? If it isn't meddling too much, why would you change so drastically just for the last two years of education?" he asked and I held my head high.
"It is meddling too much, Mister Riddle." I said and he went quiet, and I could sense the anger brewing and the demanding for answers, but he didn't try to obtain an answer again.
So he was not used to feel neglected in any way.
Interesting