5. Sapphire

When Lena saw the blue glow of Aemond's sapphire eye in the reflection, she thought it was a dinosaur in the compound. On instinct she gripped her blade, sent it flying as she turned. She saw it wasnt a dino but the prince and there was a moment of panic as her blade soared at him. She couldnt breathe, couldnt move but his hand snapped up grabbing it at the very last second, just before it hit him.

"I'm so sorry!" Lena declared as she stumbled to him.

"Not the first time I've had a blade thrown at me." Aemond remarked spinning it around in his hand before holding it out to her.

"I'm sorry." She repeated grabbing the blade and securing it back on her hip. "I thought, your eye, it reflected, I would never-"

"It's okay." Aemond assured looking around. "I have a feeling if you ever did want me dead it would be a lot more entertaining." He offered. 

"Well, that's true." Lena admitted softly. "You are not supposed to be out of bed." Lena reminded him. 

"The rules don't apply to you?" Aemond countered as she jumped up sitting on the counter. 

"I don't make the rules, I just break them." Lena offered. He moved to stand between her legs. "You Targaryen's are bold, I usually have to work a bit harder to get this much attention... just a bit." Lena clarified. 

"What is this place?" Aemond asked while running his hands along her thighs. 

"My lab." Lena informed him vaguely. His gaze shifted back to her. 

"What do you make here?" Aemond asked, feeling her boots tapping against the side of his leg. 

"Lots." She offered. Aemond's hands trilled along the groove where her thigh met her hip. He waited for her to offer more. She didnt. 

"Worried, I might see what's underneath?" Aemond countered. 

"You can see what's underneath." Lena countered confidently. He leaned in closer and whispered against her lips. 

"In here." His hand slid up touching her temple. Her lips twisted as he took a step back. He moved to the counter and gingerly picked up one of her smoke bombs. He glanced back at her. "What is it?" 

"A bomb." Lena answered as she jumped off the counter. Aemond hesitated as he put it back down. 

"Bomb?" He countered, that didnt sound good. 

"Smoke bombs, most of them are harmless." She assured picking the one up Aemond had held and tossing it in the air catching it again. 

"What do they do then?" Aemond countered. 

"Lots of things." Lena offered. 

"You make them?"

"Yes. The smoke bombs, I make them." Lena confirmed. "I make lots of things." 

"Beauty and the brains." Aemond remarked. "Could you tell me about them?" Lena stared back at him thinking he was joking, she didnt expect that of all people the prince, the kings son would have any interest in her science experiments. "I always like to learn new things, keeps the mind sharp." He looked around at all the colors and could smell a hint of fragrance, but he couldnt place the smell.   "What is that smell?" Aemond asked and Lena got excited as she moved to him.

"The colors, the scents, I create them for each dinosaur. Different colors attract, others have sedatives within when they chomp at the smoke or inhale it, it knocks them out. It doesn't work on all the dinos but I'm working on it." Lena remarked happily. Aemond glanced around her lab gently touching the vials. "Other scents helps with focus, when we are training them. My brother and I wear these little charms." She lifted her necklace, it looked like a dragon egg Aemond thought as he got closer. "I made them, welded the metals," she opened the top and pulled out the stone. "Lava rock, it holds the scent, so before training we put a few drops on and it seems to help with our raptors. They lack focus." Lena remarked. 

"This is remarkable." Aemond told her honestly. "You are remarkable." Lena thought for a moment he was lying, just trying to be nice to get into her pants but he was truly interested. A smile curved her face as he beamed back at her touching the vials gently.

"Thank you."

"How did you start doing this?" Aemond asked as he examined the smoke bomb. 

"My mom was a big creator, she loved learning and..." Lena hesitated as she grabbed her jacket pulling it on, Aemond glanced back at her. "...when she passed, it made me feel closer to her." Lena added quickly. 

"I'm sure she would be proud of you." Aemond remarked. 

"You havent seen them in action." Lena countered. 

"Will I?" Aemond mused. 

"No doubt in my mind." Lena agreed. 

"Can you teach me?" Aemond asked not wanting to go back to bed, not wanting to leave especially when he had overheard that Daemon was in Lena's room. He would rather have her here, with him, if she wanted. 

"You might be covered in pinks and purples by sun up." Lena countered. 

"You don't think I would look good in purple?" Aemond mused. Lena got the equipment out. She had the majority of her supplies already cut and prepared to proper sizing for quick work. She found the process soothing. She had never worked with anyone but Alan before but there was something about Aemond that made her trust him. 

"Exact measurements." Lena informed him. "One wrong step and the bombs won't go off, or go off too soon and make a mess of my lab. You dont want a bomb going off in your hand before you throw it or else the dinosaur you are trying to subdue will be snacking on you." Aemond was waiting for the just kidding but Lena turned back to the table laying out the herbs and colors, the reagents. 

"So no pressure." Aemond mused. 

"No, pressure is high." Lena countered nudging her hip into him. "Lives depend on it, usually mine and I like living."