14. X

"No, no, no predator X kills everything in sight

"No, no, no predator X kills everything in sight." Alan remarked. "They are silent, stealth, fast as Lizzie... huge, as big as Meg, fuck bigger than Meg."

"Not so good on shallow waters," Owen reminded them in hushed voices as he glanced back at the Targaryens. "But a baby X."

"In the tunnels?" Clarie countered.

"It's just a thought." Owen said softly.

"A bad thought, don't think shit like that." Clarie demanded.

No one noticed Jace and Luke sneaking into the tunnels and trying to get back to base. As they crawled they noticed more and more water filling in the tunnels. It was too dark, they couldnt see anything but Alan had said it was a straight shot so they kept going.

+

For when the island flooded, to this extent they had precautious in place for the land dinosaurs. They had caging with water level sensor and dino bunkers, sanctuary's craved out of the mountain sides. Of course there was always a possibility of flooding to the very top, they were an island after all, when it flooded it flooded everywhere. The compound was on the steeper side of the island but they had bases all over the island. Bunkers in each sector in case things went wavery and you were too far out. They had, had to many floods not to be prepared but still casualties were expected on the island.

The tree house shook and Lena grabbed tight to Daemon as they moved.

"What was that?" Daemon asked trying to sound less nervous than he really was. Lena peered out to see the water rising around them. The aquatic dinosaurs were coming onto the land.

"Musa." Lena murmured.

"What?" Daemon rasped as she leaned back against him taking a deep breath.

"This day started so great." Lena muttered. "Damnit." she clenched her fits as she pulled their little dino closer.

"What is, who is Musa?" Daemon whispered.

"Mosaurus, another sea lizard." Lena whispered.

"Those were, lizzie, the bad oh fuck dino." Daemon recalled and she felt him tense.

"She's smaller, younger, a bitch." Lena rasped.

"What is she doing?" Daemon asked as the tree house shifted again below them.

"She's jumping."

"What?"

"She... smells us." Lena whispered closing her eyes. "This is not how I thought I was going to die." Lena breathed out and Daemon could hear her teeth chattering with nerves. "I had so many things I wanted to accomplish. I had so many things I wanted to create and explore before I-" the tree house shook again and Lena heard the thunk of a piece of wood falling into the waters below.

+

+

"Do you think we went 50 miles yet?" LUke asked.

"He said 16 miles I think." Jace countered.

"It's so cold."

"You wanted to come this way I wanted to stay put." Jace reminded him.

"Woah!" Luke declared stopping as he felt a rush of water propelling towards them. "Did you feel that?"

"Not really." Jace admitted.

"There is something here." Luke whispered trying to get back but Jace was blocking him.

"What are you doing?" Jace countered.

"Turn around, turn around." LUke begged.

"What? We came this far. I dont know how far but my knees hurt so I think-" Jace countered.

"Turn around Jace!" Luke begged.

+

Owen heard the scream echo from the vents. He looked around counting targaryen's.

"Where are the little princes?" Owen questioned and Viserys looked around. Alicent wasnt focused on them, she was focused on Aemond. Aegon had been eaten, Rhaenyra killed. She was trying to keep track of her baby.

"Jace? Luke?" Viserys questioned.

They heard another scream as the water started sloshing into the bunker. Alan looked to Owen before they glanced up at the latch.

"No, no, no you said-" Alicent begged.

"Too late for that." Owen countered. "What ever is in the tunnels, the water... the... fuck." Owen muttered.

"We cant go up! You said it wasnt safe!"

"It's not safe." Owen agreed "But if we stay here we are waiting for whatever ate your grandsons to make its way down here and tear us apart."

"Great pep talk owen." Clarie hissed.

"We go up?" Aemond questioned not liking the sound of that either.

"Fuck!" Owen shouted pacing the room. "Did you and Lena-"

"It's not tested. Nothing is tested!" Alan reminded him as their voices got louder and louder. Alicent was sobbing Viserys was shouting that he was the king. Aemond stared back at them as they paced and shouted trying to figure a way out.

"We can't just wait to die." Aemond countered.

Owen assumed the dinos were having a free for all if it was flooded. They would be everywhere and Lena was the dino whisperer without her he didnt know if they could, if he could manage wrangling with an aquatic dinosaur.

"Yeah well

"Yeah well..." Owen looked up at the latch. "Fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck." He grumbled. "Okay, plan B." he said with a clap.

"How many of the royal family has been killed I think we are past plan B if anything Plan F." Alan remarked. "For we are-"

"Fucked," Lena remarked as Musa jumped up again and again. "So fucked."

"How do we change that statement?" Daemon countered as Lena got up.

Lena chuckled weakly as she put two fingers in her mouth and whistled.

"What are you doing?" Daemon demanded.

"Getting us a ride." Lena said hopefully.

"I thought you said they were little." Daemon countered.

"Quazie." Lena offered. "Our Quetzalcoatlus, he's a big fucker."

"But you said-"

"He only comes out in storms." Lena informed him as the ground shook again.

"What?" Daemon spat as he tried to hold on to her for balance as she tucked the baby dino back in her bag.

"And Sue, Rex and Sue. Our T-Rexes, love them but they don't stand a chance against Musa and Lizzie. Our best chance is flying back to the compound then I can try and get my brother, Alan and your family back safe."

"Quazie, how trained is he?" Daemon mused as a chuck was taken out of the floor and he stumbled into Lena.

"He is a... Temperamental dick." Lena offered honestly. "But better than Musa's bite." She whistled again and heard wings in the air.