11. Oh Shit!

''Aegon is just... just..." alicent was still whimpering as they rode. Aegon wasnt a great son. He was a drunk and liked to whore around. Alicent knew that. She didnt like Aegon most of the time but he was her son. She did love him deep down.

''Why cant we go back?'' Jace declared confused, eyes darting around nervously.

''Too far to turn around. We are closer to the west sector.'' Owen corrected.

''Aegon was just eaten!'' Viserys declared. ''I thought you said this was safe.''

''I never said that.'' Owen corrected gently.

''Oh Gods were are all going to die!" Luke shouted.

''Hush''. Alan corrected.

"What in seven hells is that?" Rhaenyra shouted pointing up at the sky.

''Flyers.'' Owen murmured.

''Flyers?'' Alicent rasped watching the dinosaur swoop down into a tree tearing through it as though the bark was flimsy parchment.

''We are all going to die!" Luke declared.

"West sector coming up!" Owen declared trying to get their minds off of the dinosaurs and the eaten Prince Aegon.

"I dont see anything." Rhaenyra countered.

"Its a bunker. Safer below ground for these types of things." Owen remarked

''These types of things?''

''Safe. Really safe.'' Owen assured.

''How far are we from the actual compound?'' Alicent requested nervously as they got down. Alan gave a slap to Barnes leg sending him off.

''16 miles off.'' Alan recalled.

''Give or take.'' Owen agreed. Alicent stared back at him. ''You see the path is not a straight line but weaves back and forth.'' Owen brushed the leaves and vines aside. He gave a tug on the latch and gestured for the Targaryens to head down. ''Could be 23... up to 50 miles of weaving and running.'' Alicents lip quivered as she lowered into the bunker.

''Where is lena?" Aemond demanded

''Our girl is fine. Dont worry.'' Alan assured but he looked nervously around as the sauropods headed off. ''Shes brave fearless.'' Alan pat owens shoulder before heading down.

''Come on Lena.'' Owen whispered looking around. ''Where are you?"

+

''Rex.'' Lena declared. ''Daemon you copy me.'' Lena whispered as she kept her gaze on Rex and slowly lowed to one knee. Daemon followed her. She lowered her hand to her bag feeling the textures and finding one she hoped would trick Rex.

She pulled it free as Rex bent forward. She crunched the smoke bomb in her hand and he watched the colors bleed through the sky. Rex breathed it in.

The dinosaurs knew of her little creations, she thought that sometimes, she hoped... she didnt have the right one for Rex she had the right color though. Placebo effect. She showed them what they knew to calm them down and was sometimes able to trick them into thinking that it worked.

She watched as he closed his eyes and settled before letting out a huff and turning around.

''That was scary.'' Daemon admitted before he realized what he was saying, there went his I'm not afraid bluff.

''Not done yet.'' Lena remarked and Rex sat his butt to them. ''Ready to be a big man?'' Daemon watched as Lena climbed up Rex and reached out a hand for Daemon. ''Story to tell the grandchildren... if you live that long.'' Lena remarked.

''You are so fucking crazy.'' Daemon declared grabbing her hand. ''And so damn sexy.''

Lena smiled back at him as she ran a hand over Rexs back and he got up jostling them around a bit and daemon grabbed Lena tight.

''Lets just hope we dont run into our other rexes.'' Lena rasped no wanting to jinx it. Sue was a bitch. Rex and Lena got on alright but Sue... damn Sue.

''Where are we headed?"

''Im dropping you off at-" lena began but it started raining then quickly pouring around them. "Well... tree house.'' Lena remarked.

''Sounds romantic.'' Daemon remarked

''It will give us cover.'' Lena corrected ''unless our flyers are here. Our little ones tear through everything. Quazie comes out in the rain... hes my buddy, hes bigger...'' Lena leaned back into Daemon as one of their flyers swooped down pecking at Rex. He growled out scaring her off. 

+

''Alright get cozy.'' Alan instructed as he locked the hatch.

''What about Lena?" Aemond demanded

''What about Daemon!" Rhaenyra begged.

''What is that?" Alicent declared taking a step back and stumbling into viserys.

''Oh shit,'' owen murmured

''You don't think-" alan countered reaching for his blade

''Damn right I think so.'' Owen corrected. Rhaenyra turned around as the black mamba latched onto her leg she screamed out in pain as his fangs dug into her flesh. Owen threw his blade and severed the mambas head fangs still on Rhaenyra but his tail stopped moving along the ground.

Alan gently and carefully pulled the black mambas jaws from Rhaenyra and she flinched as the fangs came out. Its venom oozed to the floor. Owen stared his face pale as Rhaenyra started to hyperventilate.

''What is that thing?'' Aemond rasped.

''The black mamba.'' Alan said softly as he contained the head and body.

''Is that bad? The look on your face makes it seem bad.'' Viserys declared.

"A person bit by Mamba here will experience pain, paralysis and then within six hours..." Owen locked eyes with Rhaenyra as Alan tended to her wound. "Death."

+

"We have to warn them!" Helaena remarked.

But Ellie listened to the rain pouring down. It made her wonder where they were on the compound.

"They are on their own". Ellie corrected. "We just have to hope they are safe."