6. I'm Not Afraid

A place in this world // Helaena targaryen out now!!

The royal family was collected and brought to the dinning hall to break their fast the next morning and while most looked like they didnt get a wink of sleep, Aegon was ready... ready to leave. 

"Where is Aemond?" Alicent questioned nervously.

"Where is Daemon?" Rhaenyra added letting out a huff of a breath.

"Right here." They both echoed as they came in.

"Sleep well?" Rhaenyra asked through gritted teeth.

"Like a baby." Daemon agreed as he took a seat, he looked to Lena as she came in. "That was missing his toy." he added.

"Where were you?" Alicent asked Aemond softly. His gaze shifted to Lena. Short black shorts and a black wrap around top that reveled her stomach, black combat boots.

"Good morning, I see we all survived night one. Congratulations." Lena declared.

"Aemond?" Alicent whispered.

"I was learning about the island." Aemond remarked. Lena grabbed a bowl of fruit from the table before jumping up on the back table, listening to their hushed conversations.

"Dear husband, I think we should go." Alicent offered.

"We havent seen any dinosaurs." Viserys countered. "This is going to be great."

"It really will." Lena agreed sucking the fruit juice from her fingers as Owen came in.

"Good morning," Owen began as he counted the Targaryen's. All here, that was a good sign. "Today we are going to the raptors pit. A demonstration on their skills, the control and training-"

"Can we ride a dinosaur?" Daemon asked staring at Lena.

"You can try." Lena offered.

"No." Owen said immediately. "I mean, we have-"

"We have a few, our plant eaters, herbivores, they are docile and as long as I can wrangle them, it will be quite the ride." Lena countered locking eyes with Owen.

"Cool." Luke declared shoveling food into his mouth.

"I will get Rogers and Barnes." Lena declared with a clap as she jumped up.

"After the demonstration." Owen countered and Lena's let out a huff.

"Meet you by Blue then." Lena offered heading out.

"Who are Rogers and Barnes?" Daemon countered.

"The Sauropods." Owen remarked. "Our most docile, gentle giants, Sauropods are not a specific breed, but a type of dinosaur, our long necked dinosaurs." he clarified.

"She really does know them all by name." Helaena remarked impressed.

"Don't you know your dragons by name?" Owen countered.

"We don't have 30 dragons." Aegon corrected and Owen chuckled.

"What?" Viserys asked confused.

"We have almost 30 species, we have well over 100 dinosaurs on the island." Owen informed them. Alicent felt her lips go dry and her hands get clammy. "New ones hatch every week."

"But its safe..." Jace both asked and stated.

"We survived this long." Owen offered as he got up. "I will meet you outside."

"Viserys!" Alicent declared. "We are leaving, we are leaving right now."

"Nonsense, it's perfectly safe. They survived this long." Viserys remarked happily.