21. Long Live

"My baby, what do you say Lena what to go for a ride?"

"I'm fine right where I am." Lena countered as Aemond moved to her side. 

"Alright, then." Alicent agreed as her and Criston boarded the ship. "Please be careful." Alicent begged her final two children. "I... I love you." She said as criston steered the ship away. 

"Love you mother.' They echoed. 

One by one the targaryens fell.

''We killed the royal family.'' Owen remarked.

"Not true. The dinosaurs did that." Lena corrected. Helaena stared back at her mother as they sailed off. "Do come again." Lena offered waving back at them.

"Viserys, the idiot." Alicent hissed. "Now I lost my children to the fucking dinosaur people all of them are going to die here! Daemon will be king and-"

"I'm sure everything is going to be fine." Criston offered. 

"You didnt see it. You didnt see.... everything, all the monsters. Eaten whole. Aegon was eaten whole and then Viserys..." Alicent faltered as she saw a shadow in the water. "Oh Gods." She murmured. 

"What?" Criston countered peering down. 

"That was fun right?" Lena mused as Caraxes landed with a thud. 

"I would love to stay and chat but I have a kingdom to claim." Daemon remarked. "Maybe I will see you around Lena." 

Lena watched him as he got up on Caraxes. The whistle that Caraxes screamed out as he took off had Lena worried. 

"Lee," Owen whispered. 

"Well... umm..." Lena stared as the ship got farther away but Caraxes whistle was surely heard already. They watched as the ship was destroyed planks floated in the water as they waves settled slightly. "Cake?" Lena offered. "I think we all deserve some cake."

Helaena stared at the planks a moment longer before Ellie held up a mutated butterfly, bigger than her hand and Helaena forgot all about her mother as she gently took the butterfly. 

"I would say this was very successful." Lena remarked as they headed inside. 

"How so?" ALan countered. 

"I don't ever have to hear Claire  call me Thumbelena again." Lena remarked happily. "And I have a new apprentice, so does Ellie."  Owen looked to Helaena beaming with delight as she followed Ellie around. He looked to Lena and he hadnt seen her smile like that in a long time. He watched Aemond grab her hand and just like that, all the dead royals seemed worth it to Owen because Lena got what she thought she would never get. A man that wanted her and wanted to stay. 

+

"Yes... terrible it is." Daemon agreed. Otto stared back at him. 

"What of my daughter?" 

"Couldnt say... doubtful though." Daemon had learned a thing or two on the island, learned and watched as Lena whistled out, her commands. Caraxes whistle, well that would draw them all out. Devour any thing in sight. What was it Lena had warned, that Meg would destroy the ship and still be hankering for dragon blood. 

"Please make the preparations." Daemon declared. "We have a new king."

"People of King's Landing... today is the saddest of days." Otto announced. ''Our beloved king... Viserys the Peaceful... is dead." There was a murmuring of sad woes. ''The Targaryen family, Princess Rhaenyra and her heirs were also killed in the attack, Princes Aegon and Aemond and Princess Helaena... gone. But," Otto looked to the door as Daemon stood at the end of the sept ready to be declared King. "We are not lost, we have an heir. King Viserys brother, Prince Daemon of Dragonstone." Otto declared and there was but a moment of silence as the crowd bickered and debated but Daemon had filled the room with his allies as well and they hooted out for their new king.

"Guards!" the commander shouted. ''Out of the way! Move!'' They were getting into position for their new king to march down the aisle. They marched down the people parted and the rose their blade high for Daemon to pass under.

"Halt! Turn!'' The horns blared out. ''Present... arms!''

Daemon was finally getting everything he ever wanted.

"It is your great good fortune and privilege to be here to witness this: a new day for our city... a new day for our realm. A new king... to lead us." Otto declared as Daemon marched through. As he passed the swords fell after him. Each step closer to something he had always wanted, it was finally going to be his. Had he known mass murder was the easiest way to go he would have given that real thought years ago.

''May the Warrior give him courage. May the Smith lend strength to his sword and shield. May the Father defend him in his need." Septon Eustace began. ''May the Crone lift her shining lamp and light his way to wisdom." Ser Harrold stepped forward the crown in hand, he looked to Daemon wearily. 

"Hurry up, I have many plans for the capital." Daemon declared smugly. 

"The crown of the Conqueror, passed down through generations." Harrold declared as Daemon couldnt contain his smile as he knelt awaiting the crown be placed on his head. ''Let the Seven bear witness: Daemon Targaryen is the true heir to the Iron Throne." Harrold announced putting the crown on Daemon's head. He rose up and the crown felt right, he took a deep breath, he had to pinch himself to make sure he wasnt dreaming. He was the king.

''All hail His Grace, Daemon, first of his Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm." The septon declared and there was a brief moment of silence before the bells tolled and the people cheered joyously.

"Daemon the King!" they declared, the crowd applauded, cheered as Daemon looked to them.

''Daemon the King!'' he rose up his sword, dark sister for them, his smile growing with every heart beat. He did it. He was king. 

''Long live Daemon!'' 

"Long live the King!"