Bonding.

You awake from your nap to the smell of bacon and eggs.

     You sit up taking in your surroundings.

     You were back at Kevin's house, and were laying on the couch covered in your fathers turtleneck.

     You stretch and groan slightly, which you guess your father heard based off his response.

     "Mornin' lambchop. How'd you sleep?"

     You slightly smile and stand up.

     "I slept alright, thanks for taking me home." He waits a second before speaking as you make your way to the kitchen.

      "Of course, wanted you to be safe."

      You make your way into the kitchen to see your father, wearing a white T-shirt and black leggings.

     Although, Streber was sitting on the counter eating some bacon and  wearing his pajamas.

      "Y/N, good morning! Your father's a great cook."

     You chuckle under you breath. "Yea, I got it from him."

     You say as you plop on the floor yawning.

     Your father plates some more bacon and eggs grabbing a fork then handing them to you with a smile.

     You smile back as you start to eat.
"So, uh lambchop."

     You look up at him who glances at Streber giving him a thumbs up.

     "You wanna uhm." You continue to eat as you watch him fumble over his words.

     "Wanna go shopping?" You stop eating.

     Did those words just escape your father's mouth?

     He stare at you, waiting for a response.

     You nod then continue eating.

     He seems to be happy that you said yes since you can feel him smile.

     After you finished eating you stand up and put your dish in the sink, rinsing then turning to your father.

     "Where are we going for shopping?" He seems to be snatched from his thoughts as he looks at you.

     "Well I don't usually shop, so it's up to you lambchop."

     You smile and hug your father who tenses up.

     You knpw he was a good hugger when he wants to be.

     After a few moments he slowly wraps his arms around you as you could hear Streber snicker.

     You pull away and slightly glare at Streber who giggles and you chuckle looking up at your father.

     "I'll go get dressed." As you walk out you hear your father and Streber but didn't care enough to stay and eavesdrop.

     You walk to your room shutting the door and changing into clean casual clothes and putting on your shoes before grabbing a tiny pocket knife just in case.

     You walk back downstairs to see your father now wearing a long black trench coat and small oval glasses.

     You chuckl at how he looked like a shy librarian. "What? Don't like my outfit?" He chuckle out as you smiled.

     "It's fine Dad, come on I know where I wanna go."

     He looks at Streber who shoos both of you out of the kitchen as you all laugh before you and your father left the house.

     Once you get to the mall, you dragged your father from store to store making sure the things you bought were cheap.

     You stop to get a drink and food from the food court.

     While you two were eating, you and your father talk about your interests and hobbies.

     You try to get him to open up, but your father was a hard person to crack.

     Eventually you gave up and you both returned to shopping.

     He never bought himself anything, just things you wanted.

     You want to get him something special, but you don't know what so you decided you won't get him anything.

    After about an hour your father starts to seem antsy to leave.

     You think it was because it was gonna be dark soon, so you shrug it off and decide to leave.

     On the way home you were both stopped by a tall skinny man with long black hair.

     "Bob is that you? I haven't seen you in forever." His voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

     "Oh! And who's this?" You just stare blankly at the man until your father spoke up.

     "Will.. Hey. This is my friend's kid, I'm babysitting." You nod but thought of reasons as to why he'd lie.

     "Well, they're certainly a bundle of joy huh." You could hear the annoyance in his scratchy voice as you slightly huddle closer to your father.

     He definitely took notice as he put his hand on your shoulder.

     "Oh just a ray of sunshine." He says slightly chuckling out.

    "Here kiddo, go on ahead. I'll be there in a jiffy."

     You nod and walk past the other man holding your bags as tight as you could.

     You keel walking but the feeling something bad had happened starts to linger.

     You turn around to see your father, knocked to his knees.

     Your heart sinks as only select people are able to take your father down.

      But just as you were about to run to his side, you were grabbed by a familiar hand.

      "Y/N don't." You hear Streber say in a hushed voice as he pulls you into the house.

     "The hell Streber that's my father I need to help him!" You yell out at him.

     "Y/N, before you left your father told me to pull you away if that happened."

     You pause. He knew this was going to happen? Why didn't he warn you?

     And who the hell was that guy.

     You shook Streber off of you, dropped your bags and run out to see your father and the man were gone.

     Your mind races. Where did that man take your father. And how.

     Your thoughts were interrupted by Streber once again.

     "Y/N I'm sure he's fine. The most we can do to help your father is stay safe. Come inside."

     You stand there for a moment before deeply sighing and entering the house taking off your shoes.

     Streber follows closing the door.

     You once again let your thoughts race as you enter your room, closing the door and sitting on your bed.

     You knew that this was serious. Anyone who can take your father down might as well be god.

     You lay down and pull the covers over you thinking of the worst possible scenarios.