xxiv.

"Onyxia...could I tell you something?" Bumblebee asked her softly, causing her to furrow her eyebrows. She noticed his anxiety and tried to calm him by resting a hand on his, but the Autobot only pulled his hand away and looked even more flustered. She swore that she saw his cheeks going red, too.

"Of course, Bee. What's wrong?" she asked gently.

It wasn't easy, Bumblebee had realised as soon as he requested her attention. He thought about telling her, but then his anxiety kicked in and his thoughts raced with all sorts of 'what if' scenarios.

"Nevermind," he said simply, bringing his knees close to his chest and burying his face in the limbs. The meek voice of Onyxia asked him a question that shattered his resolve.

"Is it because I'm not like you anymore?"

His head shot up and he looked at her with wide eyes when hers watered. She looked like she was just barely holding it together.

"N-No! No, no, Onyx, it's not that. Primus, no," he rushed out, grabbing her shoulders gently so that she could see the honesty in his eyes. "I would never think any differently of you because of what you are because that doesn't change who you are. You're still Cybertronian, you're still a Prime, you're still Onyxia. My partner."

"Then what is it?" she whispered, a single tear rolling down her cheek. Bumblebee reached up and softly wiped the lone tear away with his thumb, causing Onyxia's ears and cheeks to redden.

"Look...it's complicated. I've never felt this before...this is all so new. I don't know how to do anything properly or how to tell you or how to tell that you even feel the same way."

Onyxia's eyes widened slowly as her mind assumed the best possible situation that would occur between the two in the next few seconds. She grew eager, her entire face reddening as she thought about all the couples she saw on the streets throughout her stay on Earth. Holding hands, flirting...kissing. She nearly buried her face in her hands at the thought of her doing all those things with Bumblebee. It was...nice, though. Her heart raced in excitement at the mere thought. She never had time to think of a relationship on Cybertron, she was much too caught up in keeping herself, her father, and the Autobots alive while fighting Megatron. Any thoughts of a relationship was shut down--a war is no place for relationships. But now...things were different. She was different. She wanted that. She didn't care if they were still in the middle of a war, she wanted to be happy. She didn't want to die in a decade and regret all the decisions she could've made that would've made her happier and more content with her life. She wanted that so much more since dying in a decade was inevitable.

"You can tell me," she said gently, staring into his beautiful azure eyes. Somehow, despite being a holoform, they maintained the beauty that was held within his optics. A beauty she was always, without fail, entranced by. He was a gentle giant with gentle eyes/optics to match. He was Bumblebee, the Autobot that she was much more than head over heels for. Two years was long enough for her to fall in love, and much too long for her to keep her affection to herself.

"W-What do you think of me? A-Actually, don't answer that," Bumblebee rushed out, eyes wide as he tried not to stuff up a single word. It was hard and Onyxia could tell. She cupped his cheek and caressed his cheek with her thumb. The action left the Autobot speechless.

"It's alright, Bee," she whispered with a small smile. "You're adorable, you know that?"

She could see her partner give her an incredibly faint nod.

"And you're very beautiful," she added. "So gentle, so sweet, so thoughtful...so determined, too, and loyal. And those beautiful eyes of yours..." He looked enraptured as she spoke.

"T-Thank you," Bumblebee murmured, resting a hand on her own as it caressed his cheek. He smiled softly, enjoying the moment with the girl that he loved. His heart began to race in anticipation as the distance between their faces grew shorter and shorter.

"Can I..." Onyxia muttered, seeing him nod eagerly before she even finished her sentence. She smiled, amused by the excitement he was omitting. She moved closer with more confidence, eventually so close that their lips were brushing together--so light, just like a feather. Then they met, pressing together softly. It wasn't perfect--their teeth collided occasionally and they had never kissed another before--but it was perfect to them. More than perfect, even.

"I love you," Onyxia murmured against his lips as they pulled away ever so slightly to breathe. "I was going to say it before I kissed you, but, well, I got carried away." She gave him a sheepish smile.

"I quite liked it," Bumblebee said with a matching smile. "I love you, too. Have for...forever."

Onyxia grew bashful at his words. "Forever? Forever's a long time. S-Surely not," she stuttered. He kissed her forehead softly.

"Surely so," he remarked. Her hand, having fallen from his cheek long ago, held his own.

"You...flirt," she said, eliciting a chuckle from her partner.

Was he her partner now? No, he would be, she thought. He's my partner and...what were we now?

"Will you be my girlfriend? That's what they're called here, right?" It was as if Bumblebee read her mind, just with an abrupt delivery. The abruptness of his words caused a laugh to escape Onyxia, although she nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes, you're correct, and yes, I am more than happy to be your girlfriend, idiot." He gasped with fake offense at her words.

"That was uncalled for!"

"You're right, I'm sorry. Not an idiot, a buffoon." Onyxia cackled loudly as his mouth hung agape. He began to attack her sides, tickling her relentlessly and leading to her falling to the ground in a fit of laughter. Using the distraction to his advantage, he planted quick kisses all over her face.

"Have mercy!" Onyxia said between breaths, still laughing uncontrollably.

"I hope I'm not interrupting something...?" Sam called, just meters from the two and staring at them with a raised eyebrow. Both Onyxia and Bumblebee's faces reddened considerably as they realised that Sam would've seen them kiss. They quickly separated, looking like two children that had been found doing something bad.

"Separating isn't going to erase what we just saw from our minds," Simmons spoke bluntly, causing the couple's faces to redden even more.

"We've cracked the part of the code that involves the Three Kings," Mikaela explained, trying to stop the men from embarrassing the two even more than they were. "We need to head to the Mountains of Petra."

Bumblebee nodded quickly, his holoform disappearing in mere seconds to avoid the humans that caught him and Onyxia.

"I hate you both," Onyxia said with a playful glare to both Simmons and Sam, who both snickered.