xlvi.

"Onyxia!"

"Onyxia!"

"Where are you?!"

"Bee?"

"Bee?!" Onyxia cried and shot up from the backseat of Ironhide's altmode, hyperventilating as she tried to get her bearings. She had fallen asleep somehow while Cade and his family were outside messing with some drone that they managed to snatch from Cemetery Wind. It was bright and warm where she was, with light streaming in from Ironhide's windows, only for it to disappear when Tessa's figure appeared in the window, eyes furrowed.

"Are you okay?" she asked, hurriedly opening the door and helping Onyxia out into the fresh air. The horrified girl had only taken a break in Ironhide, having not expected to fall asleep, let alone have a dream.

"Nightmare," Ironhide answered for the panicked girl.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep," Onyxia said to both of them, bowing her head as she tried to centre herself. She hadn't had a dream about that in almost a year. But something almost felt...different. Ironhide had said it was a nightmare but to her, it felt almost like the complete opposite. It felt like...it felt like she was being reunited with him. Of course, it wasn't possible though.

With a sharp exhale, she brushed off her concerns and looked at Tessa with a smile. "Thank you for helping, Tess," she said softly, trying not to surprise herself at her use of nicknames.

"You saved my life," Tessa said as if it were obvious, clutching the woman's shoulders. "I'm so grateful for that. You didn't need to help me, but you did. I'll spend the rest of my life doing whatever I can to thank you."

Onyxia's eyes watered ever so slightly as she looked into the kind, welcoming eyes of Tessa. They reminded her all too much of the time she spent with Sam until she watched him get murdered right in front of her.

She'd lost too much. She knew her body had had enough. She had had enough. There was no denying that this would be her final year alive and, strangely enough, she wasn't scared.

"Thank you, Tessa. Thank you," Onyxia whispered so that her voice wouldn't crack and give away just how she was feeling. The sound of sirens ripped her attention away from all her thoughts and feelings, and her gaze shifted to the service station that was swimming with police officers.

"Let's get out of here," Cade said simply, swiftly gathering all his equipment and retreating back into Optimus. Onyxia gave her father's altmode and light pat before she slipped onto Apex.

"Sleep well, princess?" the Autobot mused, revving her engine in preparation for their final trip to meet the remaining Autobots.

"You think that's funny?" Onyxia deadpanned, gripping the handlebars as Apex followed after Optimus and Ironhide.

"I do think I'm quite funny, actually."

"Your humour is miserable."

***

"Calling all Autobots," Optimus' voice announced through all Autobot radios. "Calling all Autobots."

"I'm excited!" Apex chirped, speeding up to drive beside Ironhide. Abigail waved at Onyxia animatedly from the driver's seat, eliciting a wave from Onyxia. They passed a Western Star truck, leading to her father scanning the model of the vehicle. He began transforming right before their eyes. His shape changed first, with the old rusty paint job of his previous model chipping away and being left to float in the wind. A new and much more Optimus-like paint job took its place. Blue with red flames. Just as he always had.

It was nice to know he hadn't changed.

They approached an area with numerous large mountains composed of different kinds of rocks, including arkose. It was then that the remaining Autobots began to reveal themselves. A large Autobot Onyxia recognised as Hound, a technical specialist, shot his gun into the sky in celebration. The only memories she had of him were of her days on Cybertron when he would always get into arguments with Ironhide about who was better. She hoped there was going to be no repeat of those times.

Another Autobot appeared. She recognised him as Drift only because of the fact that he could transform into both a helicopter and a car. He had transformed into a helicopter as he leapt from a tall rock before landing and transforming into a car. Black and blue was the colour scheme that he had adopted on Earth it seemed.

And finally, the cocky Autobot that Onyxia knew as Crosshairs began running beside Optimus, crying out in joy as her father slowed to a stop to let the humans out. Apex drifted to a stop to give them both an unnecessarily dramatic entrance, which seemed to be a pattern of hers. Onyxia only rolled her eyes and got off the dramatic Autobot, who transformed and gave her a cheeky wink.

"You're welcome, princess," she mused, crossing her arms and focusing on the joy of all remaining Autobots.

"Yeah! Mr Leader of the Free Galaxy is back!" Crosshairs cheered. "I knew you'd make it. I never doubted."

Drift drove up to the group and transformed, greeting everyone with a nod before shifting his attention to Optimus. "We got your warning. We've been waiting."

"Hell, yeah! Boom time! We got the gang back together," Hound cheered.

And then there was the rev of another engine. Onyxia turned to face the sound and her spark nearly stopped at the sight of a 1967 Camaro. Just like Bumblebee's.

The car began transforming before becoming the familiar shape of her sparkmate. At the sight of him, her spark jolted in her chest and she fell to her knees, clutching her chest in pain but also in shock. Her chest was glowing just as it once did when she had bonded with Bumblebee. When she thought that he died, she felt her bond die with him. All along, it was just their belief that the other was dead that solidified their broken bond, but now that they saw each other alive...it rekindled everything.

She heard his whirs, panicked and concerned before they ceased and the sound of transforming followed. She couldn't look--her world was spinning. Everything she thought she knew came crumbling down. The sight of what she assumed was Bumblebee's death had broken their bond in half, for nothing could have convinced her that he wasn't dead after she had seen his very being critically injured by cemetery wind. He sacrificed himself for her. He let her get out alive. She thought no one could escape Cemetery Wind when Lockdown was on their side, but here he was--alive.

Hands gripped her shoulders before they cupped her face so delicately, so lovingly. Before her was Bumblebee's holoform, eyes leaking tears as he analysed every inch of her being. She would've done the same to reassure herself that he was really there, but the way he touched her like she was made of glass--like she was the most delicate object he'd ever held--was reassurance enough. He really was right in front of her.

"Oh, my God...!" Onyxia choked out, reaching out to cup her lover's face with her shaky hands.

"I thought you were dead...!" Bumblebee sobbed, holding her close to his chest. Onyxia wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in the crook of his neck. He pressed soft kisses mixed with salty tears to her shoulder and temple as they embraced.

"I thought you were dead, you idiot...! I-I saw you collapse and I couldn't watch as they..." she trailed off as she let out a loud sob. "Never do that again!"

"Never," he whispered, combing a hand through her hair reassuringly. She pulled away from the embrace to analyse his face once more, brushing a thumb against his cheek as they both continued to cry.

"I love you so much," Onyxia choked out, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead before pressing another kiss to his lips as light as a feather.

"I love you too, Onyxia, Primus knows how much I love you," Bumblebee whispered weakly, pressing his forehead to hers.

"What's happening?" Onyxia heard Tessa ask someone, to which Abigail answered happily.

"That's my sister's sparkmate."