xlv.

HI <33 I ADDED PHOTOS OF APEX TO MY 'COLLECTION OF PHOTOS' CHAPTER BECAUSE IM DUMB AND FORGOT o7

The drive was long, yet the moment Optimus had finally stopped the group at an abandoned gas station Abigail had rushed to Onyxia with tears running down her face. The girl didn't even wait for her to get off Apex before her arms were around her, nearly tackling her off the bike.

"Try not to break me," Apex mused, her headlights turning on to remind Abigail of her existence. The sobbing girl nodded erratically before letting Onyxia dismount and sit on the ground. Apex transformed into her bipedal mode, which was much like Arcee's once was except for the black and red paint scheme.

Cade, Shane, and Tessa all exited Optimus, although he was yet to transform. There was a long silence before he let out an audible sigh, transforming into his bipedal form.

"My holoform is damaged, Onyxia," Optimus spoke solemnly, choosing to extend a hand towards her. Abigail helped her onto his hand before he lifted her up and examined her, his optics darting across her body. "Your body has deteriorated far quicker than I would have imagined."

"I don't feel our bond anymore, Dad," Onyxia spoke. He knew exactly what she was talking about and only examined her body once more. She watched with a small smile, examining his own face plate, which looked battered and broken but still looked just like her father's.

"Words cannot describe how relieved I am to hold you once more," Optimus settled on saying, his optics dilating as they stared into her eyes, which were tear-rimmed and reflecting their beautiful blue light.

"I missed you," she whispered, wiping her eyes. "I wish you didn't have to see me like this."

"All I see is my daughter, nothing less." Optimus lowered his hand to the ground and that time Apex came to Onyxia's aid, leading her into the gas station where Shane and Tessa were. Noticing Onyxia's inability to move her legs, Tessa rushed to her side and helped her onto a seat.

"Thank you," Onyxia said softly to Tessa, who gave her a small smile.

"It's the least I could do after you saved my life," the girl replied. The two watched as Optimus, Ironhide, Cade, Abigail, and Apex discussed something before the Autobots drove off. Onyxia would be able to have a proper reunion with her father when he had his holoform working.

Tessa lifted herself onto the bar table beside Onyxia's chair and began to repeatedly plug and unplug a string of lights from a power socket. Cade walked into the gas station alongside Abigail. He sat himself down on a chair and watched Shane with an unwavering gaze while Abigail stood in a corner and watched the father attempt to turn Shane into ash with his eyes.

"Well, on the bright side, you guys met," Tessa mumbled in an attempt to break the tension between her boyfriend and father.

Cade looked at her and asked, "Where is he from?"

"I told you, he's a driver from Texas."

"Texas? Where, Dublin, Texas? Shamrock, Texas? So why does he sound like a leprechaun?" he directed at Shane.

"You'd get your ass kicked in Ireland for saying that," Shane said blankly, his own unwavering gaze on Cade.

"Well, we're not in Ireland, Lucky Charms. We're in Texas," Cade said before looking at his daughter once more, "And so he drives? What do you mean, he drives? Like, for a living?"

"Yeah," Tessa scoffed, "At least he makes a living."

"Thank you," he replied sarcastically.

"Look, I race rally cars. One driver, one navigator," Shane explained, pointing to Tessa. "Her. By the way, I'm totally legit. I just got picked up by Red Bull. And just so you know, my life savings was in that car back there."