xxxvii.

Sam had made it his mission to find Onyxia as soon as he saw the Xanthium go up in flames. While he was torn at the sight of his friends dying, he knew that the pain she would be feeling would be far more immense.

"I need your help to track a phone call. There's a man on this phone. He's the head of their human operation, and he has Carly hostage," Sam said as he met with Simmons and Dutch. "Also, have you seen Onyxia? I need to find her."

"Last time I saw that poor girl was before the Xanthium went up like a firework," Simmons spoke solemnly. Sam let out a frustrated groan, knowing that Onyxia would have a death wish.

A death wish.

"We find where this man is, we'll find Onyxia and Carly," Sam rushed out. "Onyxia will be in the thick of it all, I know it--I know her." Simmons nodded and took Sam to where they would be able to track the phone.

------------------------

"The call was placed en route," Dutch spoke as he typed away on a computer. "I'm hacking into the phone's camera now. There, that's it! That's a live stream from the camera. Someplace...hold on, I can triangulate this." He brought up windows with coding before the location of the phone was found. "Okay, it's Chicago cell sites. There, I've got it. Trump Tower, Chicago. Lower penthouse."

"I'm going," Sam spoke, putting the location in his phone.

"You sure?" Simmons asked the boy.

"Carly's done nothing but try to help me, and I can be there in 15 hours. And Onyxia's family, if she dies, I won't be able to live with myself. She's the last Autobot, the last Prime. I need to protect her. For Optimus. For Bee."

"You're not going alone. I told Onyxia I'd always be there for her. This is no exception," Epps spoke up, leading the boy to his car.

"I still got my NEST friends out there," Epps explained to Sam. "I'll round them up, we'll find your girlfriend and Onyxia, we're gonna bring this guy in."

"Why are you helping me?" Sam asked him.

"'Cause that asshole killed my friends, too. And Onyxia's one of them, the only one left. I'm helping her."

------------------------

Within 14 hours, Onyxia stood before the masses of builds in Chicago with her hair tied back and pure unadulterated rage in her eyes. After hotwiring and stealing a car, she drove herself straight to the heart of Decepticon operations. She was going to die, that she knew, but she was going to do it fighting for the cause that her family died for.

With that, she made her peace with her Gods and entered the city.

Around Onyxia were hundreds, if not thousands, of dead humans around her. She felt sickened at the sight, especially when she saw young children. It took her back to the days on Cybertron where she was tasked with scouting out survivors. All sparklings, lost. Decepticons had no mercy, and they still had none 12 thousand years later.

"Help!" a young boy cried, helplessly trying to push a heavy bit of rubble off him. Onyxia rushed to his side and went to lift the heavy rock off him.

"On three, push yourself out from under the rock, okay?" she said softly to the boy, who nodded erratically. "One, two, three-!" She lifted the rock and the boy got out from underneath it. He wrapped his arms around the woman tightly, crying into her shoulder. She didn't expect physical affection but welcomed it regardless. She needed a hug just as much as the boy did.

"They killed my Mumma," the young boy sobbed. "I'm scared."

"Hey, what's your name?" Onyxia asked the boy.

"Henry."

"Okay, Henry, I'm gonna get you out of here, okay?"

The boy nodded and allowed Onyxia to carry him as she hurried out of the danger zone and tried to find humans who would take the poor boy.

-----------------------

"We came here to find them in the middle of all that?" Epps spoke as he watched army jets get shot down almost immediately by Decepticon warships.

"Are we really going out there, Epps?" one of Epps' friends asked the man.

"I'm not going in there," said another.

"No one's going in," Epps concluded. Sam stood behind the rest, contemplating his next moves before he nodded resolutely.

"I am," he said. "With or without you, I'll find them." He began walking in.

"You're gonna get yourself killed, Sam. Is that what you want?" Epps called, running after the boy. "You came all the way out here to get yourself killed? Huh?" He grabbed the boy's backpack, "Listen to what I'm saying."

"She's here because of me. Do you understand? Onyxia is here because she wants to die--she has a death wish," Sam snapped, continuing to walk.

"Listen, if you go in this building, that's if they're even still alive, there's no way you're going to be able to reach her!"

"What do you suggest I do?"

"It's over. I'm sorry, but it's over."

"No."

"Whoa! Incoming!" Epps' friends called. A Decepticon ship approached the humans that were in the area and began shooting at the civilians. Epps and Sam managed to get underneath the ship to stay hidden before the ship was shot down by an unknown person. Heavy footsteps from behind Sam alerted him to someone who he thought was dead.

He turned.

"We will kill them all," Optimus spoke.

-----------------------

After helping the boy, Onyxia made it her mission to help any survivors from within Chicago. If she were still Cybertronian, her mission would've been to fight the Decepticons, but she wasn't. She was human, and the humans in Chicago needed her help just as much as the Cybertronians did during the war.

She had managed to save three humans so far, but because she was too far in the city to get them out safely, she had them follow her and protected them. 

"Come on!" she called, ushering the group to follow her as she noticed two survivors ahead. With her group's help, they saved the two and had them follow.

"I will protect you all with my life," Onyxia spoke to them all. "You stick with me, I get you all out of here, I promise."

"Thank you," a woman said with tears in her eyes. "Thank you, so much." With that, Onyxia ushered them all into a building to avoid any Decepticon scouts finding them.

------------------------

"Your leaders will now understand," Optimus spoke, "Decepticons will never leave your planet alone. And we needed them to believe we had gone. For today, in the name of freedom, we take the battle to them!" With that, the rest of the Autobots in their altmodes drove to Sam and transformed. Bumblebee crouched down in front of Sam and gave him a nod.

"I saw your ship blow up!" Sam called to Optimus.

"The ship?" Roadbuster said. "We were never in the ship! We designed the damn thing, didn't we?"

"We were hidden in the first booster rocket to separate," Leadfoot explained. "Splashed down back in the Atlantic, just as planned. We ain't going nowhere."

"Yeah, no one's exiling us!" Brains spoke from the window of Epps' car. Both he and Wheelie climbed onto the hood.

"The Autobots are staying right here," Wheelie spoke. "We're gonna help you win this war."

"They're surrounding the city to make a fortress," Optimus informed them all, "so that no one can see what they're up to inside. Our only chance is the element of surprise."

"Where's Onyxia?" Bumblebee spoke the words that every Autobot was wondering.

"Where do you think?" Sam replied.