Chapter 9 - Trust

1420 words!
I feel like there should be a TW on this chapter for a near death experience, so uh, ig? Let's just get going.

___

My stomach dropped. He heard my conversation with Monty. I sweat and pulled on my shirt collar.

-"Oh uh- how much did you hear..?"

-"Everything, Y/N."

His tone was cold. For some reason, I don't know why, but him calling me by my actual name instead of 'friend' or 'sunshine' really hurt. Sun hugged himself, looking away at my hurt expression.

-"You really trust that gator more than us?"

-"I- Sunny.. He's been one of my closest friend for years.."

-"Then why didn't you work with him?"

-"It wasn't an option.."

-"So you're saying you would leave us and work with him if given the chance?"

I was surprised, why would he think that? I took a step towards Sun, reaching out to him.

-"Oh, no.. Sunny, no.. Not anymore.."

He backed up a step from me.

-"Anymore?"

-"Sunny-"

-"No. I get it. We aren't really your friends."

Sun hooked onto the wire, rising up and going into his tower. I tried to run after him, but he had already unhooked himself, and the wire fell down.

-"Sunny! Sun please!"

My eyes started to water, he was mad at me. How could I have made him upset? I needed to apologize. I grabbed onto the wire and started climbing. I struggled, but made it to the balcony. I pulled the curtain aside, looking inside. Sun was sitting on the ground, facing away from the door, holding his legs close to his chest.

-"Sunny?"

-"Go away."

I took a step back.

-"I- I'm sorry Sunny.. I'm sorry Moon.. I.. I.."

My voice trembled. Sun turned his head to look at me. It hurt me to see the pain on his face. I felt hot tears run down my cheeks as I took another step back. And another. And another. And another. Sun got up and tried to walk towards me.

-"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.."

I took another step back, but there was nothing beneath my foot. I fell off the balcony. Suns eyes widened as I fell and lost sight of him. I closed my eyes tight, bracing for impact, ready to take my final breath.

I felt arms wrap around me. As I hit the ground, I barely felt it, and I heard a metal clash sound. I slowly opened my eyes. I saw the day care ceiling. Am I dead?

-"... I'm sorry Sunshine.."

His voice came from behind me, it was high pitched and trembling with tears. I looked behind me. I was laying on Suns chest, and he was holding me tight. He was sobbing and looking at the ceiling.

-"I'm so, so sorry.."

I was stunned. I hugged Sun, crying with him.

-"It's okay Sunny.. It's.. It's okay.."

Sun sat up with me in his lap, and started checking me for injuries.

-"I'm sorry I made you feel like you don't matter to me.. You.. You really do.. It's just.. Trust takes time, Sunny.. I've only known you for a few weeks.."