Chapter 34 - Ashes, Ashes, We All Fall Down

1545 words

Updates are gonna be slower, my finger is fucked up and I'm running out of ideas

____

I woke up in Sun and Moons room. How long was I out? Sun was hugging me, curled up, really tight. He has that creepy smile on his face. He suddenly looked at me, his eyes were still purple.

-"𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙤 𝙎𝙪𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚~"

He reached his hand up to my face, but I slapped it away. He frowned, putting his arm back around me.

-"I want to go home."

-"𝙊𝙝, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚.."

-"Sunrise."

-"𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩.."

He sat up, and I did too, backing up against the wall. He grabbed my wrist tight, and it hurt. I winced.

-"𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚, 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙎𝙪𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚? 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙧.."

-"Sun.. You're scaring me.."

-"𝙊𝙝, 𝙣𝙤 𝙣𝙤 𝙣𝙤, 𝙎𝙪𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚.. 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙙𝙤.."

Sun started getting closer to me. His grip on my wrist tightened, and a tear escaped my eye from the pain. I wish Moon were here, maybe he would be relatively normal. As if someone heard me, the lights went out-- in the room as well, I think the plex got put on power saving mode. Was it 1 AM already? I heard rebooting, and my wrist was released.

-"Y/N? Oh god, Y/N I'm sorry.."

Moon grabbed my face, turning it left, right, up, and down.

-"He didn't hurt you did he?"

-"Aside from my wrist, no.. I don't think so.."

He carefully grabbed my wrist, looking over it. He sighed in relief when he made sure nothing was wrong.

-"What happened to Sun..?"

-"The virus- Y/N.. It's getting harder and harder to fight.. And Sun doesn't know how to fight it.."

-"So.. It's affecting him now.."

I choked on the words, Sun was the only one keeping them from being decommissioned, and now he has the virus. I felt my eyes start welling with tears. Moons eyes widened and he used his thumb to wipe some of my tears.

-"No no no no no, please don't cry.."

I took a sharp inhale, trying to stop crying, but I couldn't.

-"I don't wanna lose you.."

He pulled me into a hug, stroking my hair.

-"You aren't gonna lose us, I'll help Sun. I'll stall for time. We'll stay together.. I promise."

I nodded, hugging him back. He suddenly let out a pained gasp, grabbing his head.

-"Moon?"

He started twitching, holding his head. I held his face in my hands, and he stared at me with wide eyes, his expression seemed like he was in physical pain.

-"It's okay.. It's okay Moon.."

His eyes started getting the same off coloring as earlier, it was a very faint layer of purple over his red eyes. He let his hands down, his expression going unreadable.