Chapter 54 - 1 Month

991 words

Fuck I forgor to update

Sorry for the late upload
____

Were they ever going to be back? It had been a month since Sun and Moon were deactivated. I had begun crying before I went to sleep every night. For some reason everything felt less safe, and I was more on edge. Last night I had seen a figure in the corner of my room, and I cried, hiding under my blanket like a child. It turns out it was just a coat hanging on the door. I had developed a strange, irrational fear of the dark, or more, what hid in it. I always had the lights on in the house, and DJs concern grew. Charlie couldn't understand why I always felt so unsafe, and neither could DJ. Today I went out to the store to buy groceries. DJ came with me, as I had begged him to do so. He was hiding in the hood of my sweatshirt. I was walking down some of the isles, and stopped when I spotted some nightlights.

-"Y/N, do you really need that?"

-"I don't wanna sleep in the dark.."

DJ audibly sighed as I grabbed the nightlight and put it in the cart. I also came across a speaker, I put it in the cart as well, it wasn't the big speakers DJ had in his area, but it was something that could make his room feel more like home. I picked up a few more things, like ingredients and canned foods. I payed for everything and went out to my car. DJ peaked his head out as I started unloading the bags into my cars trunk.

-"Y/N, you're really worrying me.."

-"Why's that?"

-"It's just- you seem so much more on edge.. And you barely let the lights go off. What happened? You usually spend most of the time in the dark."

I hesitated. I didn't think it was that noticeable.

-"I just don't like not being able to see everything around me."

DJ frowned, clearly not happy with my answer. I finished putting the groceries in the back of the car, putting the cart back and getting in my car. DJ sat in the passenger seat as I started the car up. I didn't feel like cooking tonight, so I'd just stop by some fast food place. I dialed Charlie up.

-"Hey, what's up Y/N?"

-"What do you want from [fast food place], I don't feel like cooking tonight."

-"Ah, sucks, you're a really good cook. Anyway, just get me a burger."

-"Alrighty then-"

There was loud mechanical wurring, and a slam.

-"Shit!"

-"Charlie, is everything all right over there?"

-"Yeah, just working on a few things-- like I always am. Oh yeah, I need to head out this weekend to pick something up."

-"Alright.. I'll see you when I get home. Bye."

-"Bye."

I hung up the call, then went through the drive-through. I pulled up to the house with DJ and the food. I got Charlie's stuff and went down to the basement. He was working on Sun, who's eyes we're closed as if he was asleep. Charlie had him hooked up to a bunch of wires connecting to a laptop, which he was working on. There was also parts of him taken apart with some tools laying beside him.

-"I got your food."

Charlie looked up from the laptop, setting it aside. I set the bag down on a separate table, away from all the electronics.

-"I put extra napkins in there, now I gotta go unload the groceries."

-"Sounds good."

-"So uhm.. How's the progress on Sun and Moon.. And what was that sound on the phone earlier?"

-"Oh, uh, I have them in a semi-active state, they can't move, I'm not sure if they can hear or feel though, the slam was me failing to get them in the semi-active state, and he slammed his hand down on the table at me. Not sure why."

I looked over at Sun, why would he do that? I walked over to him, I wish he would just wake up and everything would be fine. I took one of Suns hands, trying not to cry, but I failed. I missed them so much.

-"Y/N, I don't think it's good for you to be down here.."

-"Y-yeah.. I just.."

I wiped my eyes with my other arm, not letting go of Suns hand. Charlie put a hand on my shoulder.

-"I know, but you've made it a month! I don't know how much longer I'm gonna have to work on him, but he'll be back before you know it."

I hesitantly let go of Suns hand, going back upstairs. I went back outside, starting to unload the groceries. Once I finished, I put away all the food in the kitchen, then grabbed the nightlight and speaker. I went upstairs, plugging the nightlight into the wall. I took the speaker and went over to DJs room, I gave him the speaker, and he was really excited about it. I showed him how to work it, then left. I went downstairs and ate my dinner, then went to my room to try and sleep.

.
.
.

Charlie left for the weekend, I guess we all need breaks, but I wanted him to get back to working on Sun and Moon. I wish I knew how to help. I didn't even think about going to the basement. I didn't want to see Sun on that table, looking almost lifeless. I tried to distract myself with TV, and DJ had invited me to play board games. We were in the middle of playing a game of Sorry when Charlie walked in the front door. He had been gone for two days, and DJ invited him into the game. He declined, going to the basement.

_____

Waaaaaaaaa it's 5 in the morning, I haven't slept and my alarm goes off at 6

Gonna work on 55 now