Chapter 21 - Hide & Seek

1172 words

I wanna make this a long running series, but idk

____

Y/Ns POV

I sat up, yawning. I looked over to see Sun at the small table in the room, working on a drawing. Reaching in my bag for my brush, I frowned at the empty space, the space once filled by my beloved Monty plushie, that was now probably in the dump by now. I pulled out my brush and started working on my hair. When I was working on it, I noticed something in my hair. I pulled it out, examining it. It was some kind of tracking chip! I'll bet that rabbit put it in my hair in case I survived. I set it on the bed next to me, I'd dispose of it later.

Suns POV

I looked over and saw Y/N working on their hair. I got up and skipped over, picking them up and placing them in my lap.

-"Sunny? What are you-"

I took the brush from them, starting to go through their hair with it.

-"Why-"

-"I like brushing your hair."

They just smiled and shook their head, letting me brush their hair. I noticed the tracking chip I had placed was missing. I looked at the bed, seeing it just sitting there. I carefully picked it up. Obviously just sticking it in their hair wasn't working. I pulled out a bow like the one that used to be in their hair, putting the chip on it where it wouldn't be visible. I put it in Y/Ns hair the way it used to be.

-"Did you put that bow in my hair again?"

-"Yes indeed-y! Please don't take it out.. And if you do, always put it back on."

-"Why is it so important to you?"

-"I uh.. Because it's nice to see you with something I gave you, and it looks good on you!"

-"Alright."

They turned around, ruffling my rays, which made me heat up profusely. This reminded me that me and Moon only had so long to tell Y/N how we felt.

-"Sunny?"

-"Yes, Sunshine?"

-"I wanna talk about what happened last night later, during my night shift."

My stomach dropped, well, if I had one it would. I didn't think they would want to talk about it so soon. I nodded. On the outside I was smiling, but on the inside, I was freaking out. I hope today goes by slowly, as slow as slow can be. I hesitated, but then picked Y/N up, going to the balcony and down to the ground on the wire.

Y/Ns POV

I jumped out of Suns arms, walking out of the daycare. I changed into a fresh uniform, stuffing the dirty one in my bag. I didn't want to go to the basement alone, so I'd see if someone could come with me. I made my way back to the daycare, luckily without any disturbances. I sat down at the desk and began working on things, when I saw my resignation letter, it put a bitter taste in my mouth. How could I even 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 of leaving, let alone begin to act out on it. I grabbed the note with such force it crinkled in my hand. I took the other part of it in my other hand, and I began tearing it up. I threw it in the garbage once it was nothing but paper scraps that didn't even contain letters alone that weren't ripped in half.

I had been so busy tearing up the paper in a blind rage that I didn't notice that kids had started coming in. Most of them were already playing with Sun, and the others were playing amongst themselves. I sighed, sitting down. I held my head and placed my elbows on the desk, staring at nothing.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up. Sun was smiling down at me.

-"The kids wanna play hide and seek! You wanna play too?"

Yknow what, why the hell not, I have nothing better to do. I returned his smile, accepting his offer. I walked out from behind the desk and he took my hand, leading me to a group of kids. The rules were that you had to tap someone's shoulder to officially find them, and you couldn't leave the daycare. A kid named Hailey was the first to seek. I ran and hid in one of the play structures.

Unluckily, I was the first to be found, meaning I would be the next seeker. I sat at the middle of the daycare, and watched as one by one kids who had been found started to sit there. Once all of the kids were found, it took a while before Sun was found. He happily skipped to the middle with Hailey.

-"Alright, now it's Mx. Y/Ns turn to seek!"

Hailey exclaimed excitedly. I walked to a wall and turned around to count, and I heard the sound of small footsteps running every direction. I heard bells jingling going to the left and up, giving me a good idea of where Sun was. Once I finished counting, I ran towards where I heard Sun go, crawling through the play structure. Sun was facing away from me, and I slowly approached him. I quickly tapped his shoulder.

-"Boo!"

He jumped, turning around to face me, his surprised expression turning to a happy one. He smiled at me, and I smiled back, gesturing him to the middle of the daycare. He crawls away as I continue my search for our other hide and seek contestants.

I eventually find all of them, walking back to the middle of the daycare with the last kid.

-"Alright, Sun! Your turn to seek!"

He ran to a wall, counting, and me and all the other kids spread out. I hid in a different part of the play structure I hid in last time. As Sun finished his counting, I could tell how close he was by the jingle of his bells. I watched through the bars of the play structure as kids started rounding up in the middle when they were found.

-"Found you!"

Sun shouted, he was a few feet away, so I had a little time. I booked it, going down a slide. Sun chased me down, and I began running to the other play structure, I looked behind me, seeing Sun hot on my heels.

-"I'm gonna get ya!"

-"You'll never take me ali-!"

𝘽𝙖𝙣𝙜!

I felt and heard something metal hit my head. I stumbled, falling backwards. I felt arms catch me. I looked up to see Sun, his face full of fear and worry. I felt the top of my head, there was something wet. I looked at my hand. Blood. The world started spinning around me.

-"Y/N!"

Suns voice was fuzzy and far away, my vision blurred. My head hurt so much. Finally, numbness began to take over my body, and everything went black.

____

Uh-oh