Chapter 33 - Strange Behavior

1127 words

____

Y/Ns POV

I was awake again, but I didn't want to open my eyes. I was still there with Moon, on the bed. I couldn't tell if he was awake or not, he was completely silent and didn't move at all. The lights came on in the daycare outside the room, spilling light from under the curtain. Of course it 𝘩𝘢𝘥 to shine right in my eyes. I squeezed my eyes shut tighter and turned my head down.. Right on Moon's chest. I heard him mumble something angrily, and it felt directed at me for some reason, but he put his hand on my head and stroked my hair. My alarm started going off. I let out an annoyed sigh as I reached over and turned it off. I let go of Moon, getting off the bed and stretching. Moon started to get up, but when he stood up his legs wobbled and he fell forward. I caught him, pushing him back to sitting on the bed.

-"I don't need your damn help."

His tone was cold and slightly angry. I backed up a bit.

-"S-sorry.."

He just eyed me with a threatening glare, we're his eyes a little off color? I backed up more, then turned and went to the balcony, sliding back down the wire. I walked to the desk, grabbing the bow off the desk and going to the locker rooms. I changed into my day shift outfit, and walked back to the daycare. Sun was leaning against the desk when I got there.

-"Hey, Sunny!"

I smiled up at him, he looked over at me, flashing a half-smile. That wasn't like him, and his eyes were slightly off color as well.

-"Hey, Sunshine."

Now that DEFINITELY wasn't like him, his tone was more serious, still happy, but not cheery.

-"Is something wrong?"

-"No. Couldn't be better. Why do you ask?"

-"You just seem.. Less cheery than usual.."

He frowned, his face losing any ounce of happiness that was there.

-"Are you saying I'm not allowed to not be smiles all the time?"

-"What? No-"

He took a step towards me, and I took a step back.

-"Saying that I should only be happy and cheery all the time?"

-"Sun- No-"

I backed up against the wall. He slammed his hand onto the wall above my head, looking down at me. I looked up at him in fear.

-"Really? Cause it seems like-"

There was the sound of a kid falling into the ball pit. Sun looked over, then glared back at me, then walked towards the ball pit. What the hell just happened? I walked back to the desk, trying to process the whole situation.

Sun kept glaring at me throughout the day, he wouldn't come up to me, let alone speak to me. It was finally nap time, I locked the door and the lights went out. I grabbed my bag and started walking to the doors, when I felt a hand grab my arm with extreme force.

-"Where are you going?"

-"I'm going to hang out with Monty on my lunch break."

-"Without me?"

I glared at Moon, and his expression was unreadable, but angry at the same time.

-"You wanna come with? Fine, be my guest."

I clicked the button on the desk and ripped my arm from his grip, walking out of the daycare. I heard bells jingle as he followed me. We said nothing to each other on the walk there. He sat down at the table in my usual spot when he sat with me, but I went out of my way to sit across from him. I got a pizza, but I wasn't hungry anymore. Monty sat down next to me, immediately grabbing a slice. He seemed sober on account of last night.

-"You sober or just pretending to be?"

-"Cmon, little gator, I didn't drink 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 much. Charlie on the other hand was throwing up. Pretty sure he stayed home today."

-"Go figure, he's terrible at golf."

-"Agreed."

Monty must've noticed that he was the only one to eat so far.

-"You gonna grab a slice?"

-"I'm not hungry."

He frowned at me.

-"Alright, but you gotta eat some time today.."

Me and Monty chatted, and the entire time Moon was completely silent, glaring at me and Monty.

-"So, you wanna try that game again next weekend?"

-"No thanks, for Charlie's sake."

-"Aw, cmon, little gator!"

He wrapped one of his arms around me and ruffled my hair. Moon growled, furry, and me and Monty both ceased movement. I looked over at him, full of rage. I slammed my fist down on the table.

-"Shut up!"

He stopped, and his eyes went a little wide, the off-color fading away. Monty let go of me, staring at me with wide eyes.

-"You and Sun have been bitches towards me all damn day!"

-"Language little gator.."

-"Shut up Montgomery Gator!"

That made him quiet down immediately, I had never addressed him like that since we started being friends. I turned my attention back to Moon, who was staring at me with wide eyes.

-"I don't know what I did wrong, but you could've at least told me instead of being complete jerks!"

I took a deep, shuddering breath, trying to hold back my tears.

-"Y/N-"

-"be quiet Moondrop! I'm done!"

I got up from the table, storming off towards the employee break room, where none of the employees really spent their breaks. I slammed my bag down on a table. I sat down, laying my head in my arms. I felt tears fill my eyes and I started sobbing. Once I start, I don't stop, tears just flow from my eyes and they don't stop or slow down.

I was still crying when I looked at the clock and saw that my day shift was long over. I cursed myself out, getting up to get ready for my night shift. I hesitantly walked to the daycare, clocking out of my day shift and into my night shift. I heard bells jingle and I looked up. Sun was approaching me. Before I knew what was going on, he grabbed my head and shoved a Moondrop candy in my mouth, holding his hand over my face so I couldn't spit it out.

-"𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙖 𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙣𝙖𝙥, 𝙎𝙪𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚.."

He smiled down at me, and my body began to feel weak as I grew tired. My legs began to wobble, and he picked me up in his other arm.

-"𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮, 𝙎𝙪𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚, 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙣𝙖𝙥."

He kept smiling at me, and I saw that his eyes were purple. My eyes fluttered closed, and the world went black.

_____

Gawd dayum