Chapter 38 - New Home

1610 words

I'm really sick rn, but I have all the way to chapter 40 ready

_____

Y/Ns POV

I spent most of the time I was in the hospital resting, and when I was awake Eclipse always encouraged me to rest more. It's not like I could do much else, my body felt weak and sore. I mustve been asleep when I was dismissed, because I woke up in the back of Charlie's car, Sun was in the front seat, and Charlie was driving. I sat up, looking out the window. We were on a highway, just driving. I looked over at Charlie and Sun. Sun was just staring ahead, zoning out. Charlie looked in the mirror at me.

-"Morning sleepyhead. We're going to your new place."

I tilted my head, I was advised to take it easy on talking for a while.

-"Well, the pizzaplex was only my second job, I'm a land owner, so I got you a place."

I nodded, then looked at Sun, what was going on in his head right now?

-"Yes, they're staying with you, if that's what your thinking."

My face lit up, I would be able to take Sun and Moon home! I'd dreamed of a day like this, but I never in a million years thought it would happen! Charlie chuckled a little.

-"I can see you're excited about it. But you have to get a job soon, the house ain't free, you gotta pay me like a real landlord, and you also gotta feed yourself, I got your place set up for a bit, but you better start looking for a job."

I nodded, leaning back on the seat. I felt like I should say something.

-"... Thanks.. Charlie.."

He looked at me, then smiled.

-"You're welcome, Y/N."

I layed my head back, and fell back to sleep.

.
.
.

I woke up in a nice bed, in a bedroom of course. There was a warm yellow light beside me, I looked over, it was a lamp on a night stand. I sat up, looking around more. The room was pretty empty, there was a closet and some cardboard boxes on the ground. I stood up, holding myself up with the night stand. My entire body felt useless, and I fell over on the ground with a thud. I pushed myself to at least sit on the ground. I heard two pairs of footsteps and bells jingling. The door opened and Charlie stepped in, followed by Sun.

-"Y/N, take it easy, you need to get used to walking again.."

Sun came over and helped me back on the bed, he hasn't said anything to me, is he mad?

-"I have to go home, Y/N, Sun is gonna be here to help you now. There's food in the fridge and cabinet, I'll stop by when I get the chance."

I nodded, and Charlie left, leaving me and Sun by ourselves. He still didn't say anything, just sat on the bed next to me. I leaned my head on his chest, he flinched, caught off guard. Eventually he layed back with me, stroking my hair, and we both fell asleep.

.
.
.

I woke up in the exact same position I went to sleep in. I sat up, and Suns arm fell down to the bed, he was fast asleep. I kicked my legs over the edge of the bed. They felt stronger, maybe I could try to stand. I pushed myself up with the night stand, good, I was able to stand. I put one foot in front of the other, slowly and carefully walking to the window, using the wall for support. I looked out the window, it was really pretty outside, and I was on the second floor of the house.

-"This is nice.."

I jumped, then looked behind me. Sun had come up and was looking out the window with me.