Chapter 59 - Fear

1063 words

_____

Y/Ns POV

It had been a few weeks since Monty's return, and life couldnt be better. Me and Monty were at the kitchen table, talking as I worked on my computer. My 'shift' ended at around 3, and it was 2:58. I heard footsteps as Sun descended down the stairs. He glared at Monty, coming up beside me.

-"Hey, Sunshine, me and Moon decided to show you something.."

-"Hold on a second."

I kept typing, it was still 2:59. Sun stood patiently, and I shut my laptop as the clock striked 3. He smiled at me, taking my hand. What was this about? Monty followed me, and Sun led me to the bathroom upstairs, and DJ joined us. The mirror was still covered-- I hadn't seen my own face in over a year.

-"We think it's time we took this off."

Sun reached for the cloth over the mirror, taking the corner. He still held my hand, pulling the cover off the mirror. I looked at my own face. I looked nothing different, except for a burn on my face. I stared at it. Was I in the fire when the Plex burnt down? I grazed my hand over the mark, then saw my arm. It too had a few small burns. I looked down at my hands, and my breathing picked up. Memories flashed in my head. Ones that I had lost before I woke up in the hospital. Flames. Smoke. The play structures crashing down. My shirt getting caught on something, burning me. Eclipse's face of fear and anguish looking down at me as flames surrounded us. I suddenly tore my hand out of Suns, punching the mirror as hard as I could, and it shattered. Before anyone could react I bolted out the door, running down the stairs. I heard everyone calling out to me, trying to chase after me as I ran to my car. I started it, and floored it. I looked at the side mirror, watching Monty and Sun stand there, DJ on Monty's shoulder, growing smaller the farther I drove. I didn't know where I was going, I had nowhere to go. I kept driving down the long road, finding myself in front of a bar. I said 'fuck it,' grabbing my hoodie and pulling the strings to hide my face as much as possible, going inside. I promised myself to only have a few drinks.

.
.
.

I was loopy and had my head down on the counter, a half-full drink in hand. The bartender frowned at me.

-"I get you had a rough day, or are just an alcoholic, but I suggest you call someone to take you home now."

I sighed, pulling out my wallet and paying for all the drinks I had. The bartender waved me goodbye, and I sat in my car. I had nobody to pick me up, I'd have to drive my drunk ass home on my own. I started the car, praying that I wouldn't crash or get pulled over.

I finally made it onto the long, straight road that led to my house. I let go of the wheel so I wouldn't swerve by accident, or go off-road. What had I gone out for? Why had I drank away all my problems. I literally 𝘩𝘢𝘥 drank away all my problems, I couldn't remember them. I pulled up to my house, it was a miracle I'd made it here unharmed. I walked inside, and saw three people on the couch, worriedly conversing; DJ, Monty and Moon. When I closed the door, all three of them looked over at me. Moon shot up, running over to me. He got on his knees, gripping my shoulders.

-"Y/N! Where were you?"

-"Nowhere.."

My N dragged out, and my voice was droopy.

-"Are you intoxicated?!"

I crossed my arms, not a fan of his angry tone.

-"Maybe.. What's it to you?"

He looked out the window at my car, that sat alone in the driveway. Fear and slight relief flooded his face. He stood up, grabbing my arm with force. Monty and DJ watched with deep concern, whispering. Moon pulled my arm, starting to walk towards the stairs.

-"Hey! Let go of me!"

His grip tightened, and it hurt. He tugged me and I tripped, falling into the kitchen table. He dragged me up the stairs, into my room. He tossed me, and I fought to keep my balance. I turned around and kicked the inside of his knee, as he was turned around.

-"What was that for, asshole?"

His leg buckled under him, and he fell down. He didn't say anything, just sat there on the ground, holding himself up with his arms. I waited for an answer, crossing my arms impatiently. We sat in silence that was nowhere near comfortable.

-"Answer me!"

He started shaking, then let out a sob he seemed to have been holding in. Once he started, he didn't stop.

-".. Moon?"

-"Do you have any idea how scared I was?!"

I jumped at his yelling, he'd never shouted at me before, not like this. He got up and faced me, grabbing my wrists tightly. Tears poured out of his eyes like waterfalls.

-"You ran away and disappeared for hours!"

His face got closer to mine, and he stared into my eyes. I could see everything. Panic, fear, anger, relief. Panic and fear were most visible.

-"And then you drove home drunk! You could've crashed and died! I could've never seen you again!"

He shook more violently, he let go of my wrists, taking my face in his hands. He just stared into my eyes for a moment, then hung his head, continuing to cry. I had really scared him. I didn't ever think I could scare him this bad. I hugged him, and he let go of my face, hugging me back, hiding his face in my shoulder. I did my best to comfort him as he let out tears that seemed to have been building up for weeks.

.
.
.

I layed on my bed with Moon beside me, hugging me tightly. I pulled my blanket over my face, specifically the part with the burn. Moon pulled the blanket back off my face, taking my hand.

-"Y/N, look at me."

I didn't look at him, I looked away to hide my face. He let go of my hand, using his to take my face and make me look at him. I made my eyes look sideways, even though it wouldn't do anything.

-"Y/N."

I hesitated, then looked at him. He stared into my eyes.

-"I don't care how you look. Nobody does. You're beautiful to me, you're beautiful to Sun. Nothing is 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 going to change that."

He kissed my head, letting go of my face.

-"Now go to sleep."

I closed my eyes, drifting to sleep, only to wake up with he worst hangover ever.

____

The finale is arriving. . . :)