~2.4. "Since when are you into the Swede?"

Helia POV

I woke up to the sunlight shying through the blanket on the top of the tent. I turned to Flora and saw her sleeping peacefully. I smiled to myself and pulled the blanket over her and left to go outside. I sat on the log lying there from the day before and saw it was still early, as everyone was still asleep and in their tents. I pulled out my book and started reading it, it seemed like it was Flora's, as it showed how to recognize poison ivy, make a healing potion, and other things. I started reading and at some point, I reached page 32 and saw a pad put inside it. I wasn't expecting it but promised myself to help her through it. 

"Good morning!" I heard someone behind me and quickly flipped the page. I turned around and saw, well, none other than the nature fairy. "Hey!" I replied. "How are you? Did you sleep okay?" She asked as she sat on the log with me. "Yeah, thanks! What about you?" I asked her. "Good! Thanks!" She replied and I nodded and smiled at her. "I...I need to ask you something..." She said. Now I was curious. "How did my powers get taken?" I shuddered at the memory. "Icy...She uh...She put you in an ice coffin then took them." I muttered to her. "Oh..." She muttered. 

I felt sorry for her. What, as a girl with powers that got taken, fairy friends, three enemies, and all this pressure? Of course, she was feeling overwhelmed, and now she had something else to worry about, getting her powers back, poor girl. "Flora?" I turned over to her. "Yeah?" She looked at me. Our faces were an inch apart. "I...I'm sorry." I said and hugged her. Except this wasn't like our other hugs. This one was passionate, not carefree. "I-I love you," I whispered. She didn't hear me. Thank God. I pulled away and thought for a second, and just as I was going to say something, someone came out of his tent. The worst person possible. The sun was shining at this point and I felt that more people were going to start coming out of their tents. 

"Good morning guys!" I heard a voice I despised from my core, but Flora gave me a pleading look so I replied. 

"Good morning Mark! How are you today, bro?" I asked him with as much enthusiasm as I could muster. 

"Oh, I'm good Helia! What about you man?" He flashed a smile. 

"Great, thanks," I replied. I was starting to get the hang of this acting thing, but the only thing I cared about was making him so annoyed that he would leave. 

I was going to say something in an attempt to annoy him, but then Flora finally said. "Mark, I have this flower I need from the forest, do you think you could get it for me?" She said and batted her eyelashes. 

"Uh...Okay." He agreed. 

"Great! It's called Plagdua Mahalia! Please, try taking your time! I will wait!" She smiled and he left. I was shocked.

"Since when are you into the Swede?" I asked as we started walking. "You kidding?" She laughed. I shook my head and she explained. "That flower isn't in this forest! It can't survive here!" 

"Oh..." I muttered, then smirked. "You're still dumb." I patted her head. "Wow. You're so kind!" She said sarcastically. I smirked and I told her. "I know how to get your powers back." Her eyes lit up with hope. "Really? How?" I explained everything I read in the book. "So all we need is a rose, a bird's feather, and poison ivy." She looked skeptical. "Oh, don't worry we will handle it with care," I reassured her. "Okay then!" She replied. "Oh and Flora?" I asked. "Yes?" She asked with a smile. "Do you need this by any chance?" I asked and held up the pad from earlier. Her smile instantly faded and a crimson shade painted its way onto her face. "Helia!" She whisper shouted. I laughed and handed it to her. 

"Anyways, come on, let's go make you a nature fairy again," I told her. 

She smiled. "Okay." 

We went into the forest and we found the bird's feather easily, but the rose not very easily. "Where could this damn flower be?!" Flora screamed. "Calm down!" I said forcefully. "Sorry..." She muttered and went back to looking. I felt horrible for making such a happy and bubbly person feel sad. Just then, I saw the rose. "Here! Flo look!" I said and showed her the rose in my hand. I knelt at her height and gave it to her. "Thanks, now how do we find this poison ivy?" She asked. And that was when I remembered, I read that book! "I know how to recognize poison ivy! I read about it! So if the book was correct, then that plant over there would be poison ivy!" I squealed. "Thank God for you!" She quickly hugged me and ran towards the ivy. "Flora wait!" I screamed and thank God, she turned around. "Look, Flora, I'm not trying to pull an 'I'm a man, let me handle this', but it's better if I go." She looked at me strangely and let me pass. I carefully pulled out the poison ivy with gloves and armor and then proceeded to place it in a plastic baggie. "Okay, now place them around yourself in a triangle and chant this: Asmara metrios sythos."  

She repeated the chant thrice and I saw her float in the sky. "You...okay?" And then, she got wrapped in what appeared to be a silk of some sort, and when it disappeared I saw that she was transformed. Except, not a normal transformation, as she looked like a goddess. "You look...amazing." I said, and she flew down, smiling at me. When she reached the ground she walked closer to me. "Thank you, so much Helia." She smiled and looked up at me. But it was different from the way she usually did. She leaned in, and so did I, and it was almost going to happen but then...

"Flora, I couldn't find the flower you needed. Sorry, luv." Mark came. 

I was going to murder him. I really was. "I-I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry. Bye..." She stared at me with regret and then flew away. 

"So...Helia..." Mark started, but I just ignored him. No way.

"It's sad you didn't get Flora. Meh, she's my girl anyways. Don't worry, they'll be more dawg." He said. Then, I punched him in the face. Then he punched me back. Soon, we were in a full phase fight. That day, I returned to camp with a bloody lip and a black eye. Still, I didn't give a damn and went to find Flora, I needed to sort things out with her. I had to.

I frowned. She was my everything.

A/N

Hii! I'm so happy I was able to post this surprise chapter bc I'm not sure I can post tmrw, and ik that I was supposed to post next week but I couldn't help myself. Anyways it's like almost 12 rn so ima go to sleep. Gn!

And as always:

Live on! <3

~Rainbow