Chapter 5

Wei Ying was rubbing his arm trying to convey some kind of comfort...but Lan Zhan was lost in thought.

Why couldn't he see his own reflection?

Was it permanent or temporary?

"Look...let's not freak out..." Wei Ying eased the mirror out of his fast grip.

"I'm not freaking out." Lan Zhan said, firmly.

"Not on the outside...but in here? I can feel it. You need to calm down, Pal. Panicking isn't going to solve anything." Wei Ying was saying that to Lan Zhan but he felt he was in dire need of listening to that valuable advice himself.

It had been freaky to see nothing in the mirror except his peeling ceiling and then his own face.

But not Lan Zhan’s face.

Wei Ying had planted his ever so warm palm on Lan Zhan’s chest...and how could such a simple action feel so good?

Lan Zhan was having a super hard time keeping up with his own thoughts too. He was being bombarded by too much information all in one go, plus Wei Ying was right; he was freaking out.

"Hold on!" Wei Ying said excitedly. "I can't feel your heart." He moved his palm around and there was nothing.

Lan Zhan was enjoying this far too much.

Not only the whole attention of this unfairly beautiful man, but his lovely warmth...Lan Zhan was unconsciously leaning forward to soak up as much of it as he could, suppressing the tiny shivers that were wracking through his body.

"Perhaps this t-shirt is getting in the way." Lan Zhan said, some kind of weird sense of self-preservation kicking in. If he could have more of that warmth, he was going to do everything in his power to take it.

And then, in the boldest move of his life, Lan Zhan whisked off the t-shirt that was the last remaining barrier between Wei Ying’s soft, warm palm and his bare skin.

His cool fingers wrapped around that delicate wrist attached to the warmest palm he had ever felt...and he held it in place.

Wei Ying stopped thinking.

Not doable right now.

His brain had malfunctioned when Lan Zhan said something about t-shirts in the way, but then...then...he came face to face with the most chiselled chest he had ever seen.

Right in front of his face.

So of course, his brain shut down.

Lan Zhan was saying something but nothing could go in.

Wei Ying was trying to find names for all those muscles, the way they twitched under his palm...that cool skin...and it was so smooth...flawless like the best quality jade...Wei Ying did not care about a single damn thing right now.

Lan Zhan felt rather smug.

He sensed that Wei Ying was having some kind of breakdown...and it was probably something to do with him...after all, this was rather an intimate position for both of them. But he was in some kind of blissful place, this human contact making him feel as if he was wrapped up in a soft, fluffy blanket.

And the smell.

His mouth watered dangerously.

If he thought Wei Ying’s natural scent was delicious to begin with...then a Wei Ying having nothing but desire soaking through his blood racked up temptation level by a hundred.

At least.

Lan Zhan wasn't even sure how he knew...but he knew.

It would be so easy to lift his wrist up...he was already holding it anyway...up to his lips and just...bite down...