Chapter 41

On Wednesday morning, Wei Ying is towelling himself off and notices a few marks on his body. More than a few...

Specifically, teeth shaped marks which sting slightly, but make him feel deliciously tingly, a reminder of how passionate Lan Zhan can be. It reminds him to ask an important question so he throws a t-shirt on and goes hunting for his boyfriend.

Lan Zhan is in the kitchen, and the children are helping him wash and dry the dishes they used for breakfast.

"Can we go and play now?" They ask straight afterwards, barely concealing their haste to go and have fun.

Lan Zhan gives them his trademark "mn" and they're off.

Wei Ying bounces up to Lan Zhan and throws his arms around his neck.

"Good morning, my love!" he says, before kissing him enthusiastically.

Lan Zhan carries him to the countertop where it becomes much easier for Wei Ying to deepen his greeting kiss, and for Lan Zhan to respond.

"Lizard brain," are the first words out of his mouth when it's free.

"Mn?"

"I see you and I want you. No thought is involved." Wei Ying smiles brightly at him, and Lan Zhan knows he's never going to miss the sun at this rate.

So what if Wei Ying's blood is supercharged for him, allowing him to go outside during daylight, but even if that weren't the case, still his smile is the equivalent of a glorious sunrise. The simple beauty of it is enough to make Lan Zhan forget his own name.

"I actually came out to ask you something important." Wei Ying chides himself.

"Kissing is important." Lan Zhan defends him from himself.

Wei Ying giggles in reply.

"Okay, but equally important, then. Lan Zhan, my love, are you hungry? You were quite bitey last night and I was wondering."

How Lan Zhan managed to look both smug and bashfully cute at the same time, was beyond Wei Ying, but he ended up giving him another kiss instead.

"It's a yes or no question..." he throws back his head and laughs at the look on Lan Zhan's face, even as his legs wrap around his waist and pull him even closer.

"Last night, Wei Ying does not remember? You gave me permission to bite properly. I drank two drops, and that is enough for now." Lan Zhan tells him, hoping it'll get easier in the future.

The subject of drinking from Wei Ying is both intimate and embarrassing, and Lan Zhan knows he has to get over it somehow.

"I was having too much fun." Wei Ying verbally excuses himself.

Before they can say anything else, Lan Zhan's phone rings.

He hardly ever gets calls this early in the morning, and they're both surprised when they see that it is XiChen who is calling him now.

"Xiongzhang? Good morning." Lan Zhan greets him quickly, already worried.

Wei Ying can hear both sides of the conversation and he can tell that XiChen is excited about something.

"Didi, are you and A-Xian free around six this evening?"

Lan Zhan glances at Wei Ying before answering, who nods after shrugging.

"Mn. We are free tonight."

"Then I'm texting you the details of a programme that you must promise to watch with A-Xian this evening. Without fail!" he insists.