Chapter 141

The twenty-ninth of November was a monumental day for Lan Zhan and Wei Ying. They went to drop A-Yuan and JingYi off to school, who were both terribly excitable.

"Baba, when we get home, can I hold Meimei?" A-Yuan asked Wei Ying, his chubby little arms hugging him tightly.

"Absolutely!" Wei Ying was faring no better than the rest of them, just as excited as their whole family.

"A-Die! A-Die! Me too? Please?" JingYi gave Lan Zhan a big wet kiss on his cheek, giggling atrociously, and then shrieking when Lan Zhan did it back to him.

"Tonight, when you get back from school, then we'll see. It might take longer at the hospital, but by this evening, both of your meimeis will be home with us," he says, giving nothing away.

But his golden eyes were glittering with anticipation.

They were to go straight to the hospital after this, wrap up the paperwork and then they'd be allowed to take the baby girls home with them.

XiChen and MingJue had taken the afternoon off to help, and Shifu was anxiously awaiting their return.

Extra rooms upstairs and downstairs in the manor had been converted to accommodate the babies, complete with cribs and nappy changing stations, mini fridges for formula bottles and extra clothes.

Ever since Social services had contacted Wei Ying to inform them that they had been awarded temporary custody of the babies, he and Lan Zhan had gone to baby classes where they were the only gay couple aside from a lovely lesbian pair out of ten married couples, and although it was hard in the beginning, Wei Ying thought they had aced the course.

All the parents were in different stages of pregnancy, yet the growing combination of excitement and anticipation was shared by them all, uniting their efforts. Their teachers were already parents and full of encouragement for this next generation of guardians.

Now it was only a matter of time before their application to adopt both Lan Juhua and Lan Meihua was processed by the courts, and then the adoption would be finalised. In Wei Ying's mind, they were already their daughters, and nothing was going to change that.

**************

On the seventh of December, they received a surprise guest at the Manor.

Heathcliff Watford came to see them, with his lawyer, to finalise the exchange of his property. Once they signed on the bottom line, they would become the proud owners of a ranch home, and parents to countless chickens and bunnies.

He was just the same as ever, and something clicked between him and Uncle Qiren, striking up a new friendship immediately. Heathcliff also held both baby girls who were slowly spending more time awake as the days passed by.

Wei Ying was convinced that they responded better to Lan Zhan's voice but Lan Zhan was insisting that both girls went to sleep faster in his arms than anyone else's.

The days were passing by faster than they could keep track, busy with taking care of the newborns. Luckily, their support system was solid, with XiChen and MingJue uncles, and grandfather Shifu taking over babysitting duties whenever Wei Ying fell asleep rocking one or both of the babies.

Their big brothers were fascinated by the little girls, having made welcome home cards at school for them, and diligently helping their dads to look after them, asking the most interesting questions all the time.

Wei Ying kept joking that it was great that Lan Zhan didn't have to sleep during the nights, because then he could, without disturbance. They had learned and talked to many parents too familiar with not getting enough rest during the first six months of raising their kids.