37

Y/ns pov

I sat alone in the houses reptile room , staring at the cages of cheddar and smaug.

I was tempted to get cheddar out and scare the shit out of someone,  but honestly I was too freaked out about the camera situation to talk to anyone, plus it was like 8am and no one was awake .

"Cmere smaug"

I took the dragon out of her cage, and quickly put her harness and leash on so I could sit with her safely and make sure ahe didnt bolt.

( yes bearded dragons can have leashes look at this)

I tied the leash around the belt hooks of my trousers ,as it was long enough to do so, and knotted it to it didn't undo

" wanna go on a walk?" I asked "we've got some food for you in the fridge "

I smiled at the lizard and began walking, she was well trained so kept to my side as we made our way to the kitchen.

I talked to her about life on the way there, animals were like therapist.  You could just talk at them and know they wouldn't be judgemental, which is absolute perfection to me with the way life has been going.

We came to the fridge, I opened it and grabbed a plastic box with dead crickets inside

" i know you like them live" I said while grabbing a small bowl for her " but this is all we have"

I put the bowl on the table and put a few crickets inside

" cmere girl" I picked her up and placed her on the table next to it

She happily munched at them , suddenly someone began massaging me.

This person was not aidan, aidans hands were strong, but delicate . These hands were chunky, worked and wrinkled.

" what do you want dad " I sighed

I untied smaug from my belt , instead I tied her to a little pole we had put in place for feeding time   and added more crickets to her bowl.

" to say goodmorning to my beautiful daughter " he replied , kneading his thumbs uncomfortably hard in between my shoulder blades

" ok well say it and go, I'm talking to smaug because I dont enjoy human interaction " I replied "not right now"

" and whys that?"

" because you put a fucking camera in my bedroom " I snapped and turned to face him

" dont be silly now darling--"

" dont you darling me" I prodded his chest " that is for aidan to call me. Not YOU, not WILLIAM, not ANYONE.ELSE." I prodded him harder with every exaggerated word " YOU put an old camera in my room to watch me and aidan ,YOU are trying to break a happy relationship up for your benifits ,YOU are a horrible person ,YOU, ARE A TERRIBLE FATHER!" I glared at him, ange in my welling eyes " you, are a disappointment to everyone you ever meet. Including me"

" y/n" he went to grab my shoulder

" wh-no--DONT TOUCH ME" I smacked his hand away , rage coursed through my veins "do not touch me, do not talk to me, dont even make eye contact with me. We are done , this daddy daughter thing. It's over, you ruined it. Get out my sight, get out of my life. And if I find another camera in my bedroom. I'll report you to the police. Do you hear me?"

" yes" he said sorrofully then scurrying away

" fucking hell I need a break" I sighed

I brought smaug back to her home and unleashed her so ahe could run around in her enclosure.

An idea popped to mind, the park was just down the street. I could go on a nice solitary walk.

I smiled at the thought, I loved early morning walks .

My shoes were In my bedroom, so I quickly ran upstairs to retrieve them. When I opened the door, aidan was already awake. He was fussing five while scrolling through tiktoks. 

" goodmorning " I said

" morning bubs" he replied, putting his phone down "what're you up to?"

" well, I'm about to go on a walk so I can have some alone time" i explained " if that's ok with you?"

" of course it is, i don't make your decisions for you. On one condition though, I get a goodbye kiss" he said with a smile

" that was the plan anyway "

I put on my coat and walked over to him , I kissed his forehead and went to leave only to get pulled backwards by my waist back to him

" what was that" he asked dramatically " that was not a kiss, that was a mere peck! No, I wont stand for it. No kiss on the lips no walk."

I laughed and leant my head back, allowing him to fully kiss my lips and for me to kiss back

" happy?" I chuckled

" hmmm, no, lemme just" as he kissed all over my face and down my neck I kept bombarding him with the words ' I really have to go now ' which he ignored, obviously.

" Aidan, baby, I need to leave" I said , still smiling at his childishness

" wait I need to do the grand finale " he replied,  then going back to kissing me " three...mwah, two....mwah, one...mwah, zero!" he blew a raspberry into the crook of my neck making me cover my face and giggle " oh you're adorable " he laughed "you may go"

He released me and I flicked his nose " asshole " I said jokingly , then giving him a final kiss before leaving